How can I port my landline number to a wireless account?

Renie_Phoenix

I am paying $35 + about $20 in taxes for keeping my landline up because it is linked to a number of accounts and most friends and family have it - I want to move it to my Verizon plan.  There seem to be so many options that I can't determine what is the best.  Should I add it to my wireless phone, tablet or sign up for Google voice?  Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: porting land line to tablet

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so glad that you reached out, Renie_Phoenix! There are so many options, it can be difficult to determine the best choice. However, I think we have a great suggestion to solve your landline concerns! Please consider adding a Wireless Home Phone to your Verizon plan. You can port your landline number, set it up in your home, and even connect the landline device to it. It will use wireless service to connect your traditional phone, and is only $20 per month to add to your Verizon plan. http://spr.ly/65808umhQ

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

We faced the same dilemma - we've had our landline # for over 35 years ... but we couldn't see paying the $60/month to have a landline that never got calls except for robocalls (everyone that matters has our cell #'s!) - we ported the landline # to our Verizon plan ($20 line access) and put a spare dumb phone on that line.

So the line works (it's on silent) and I have Google voicemail linked so if anyone DOES leave a voicemail I get an email with the transcript and can respond if necessary.  I can also use it to call out if need be.

This works for us - others may have other solutions for keeping the landline number but avoiding the landline costs.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so glad that you reached out, Renie_Phoenix! There are so many options, it can be difficult to determine the best choice. However, I think we have a great suggestion to solve your landline concerns! Please consider adding a Wireless Home Phone to your Verizon plan. You can port your landline number, set it up in your home, and even connect the landline device to it. It will use wireless service to connect your traditional phone, and is only $20 per month to add to your Verizon plan. http://spr.ly/65808umhQ

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

tkb4

it is my understanding the the older version of t2000 showed the caller phone number and the name and that the t200 only shows the number unless you purchase an app for approximately $1 per month .  Is this correct ?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your concerns regarding the Home Phone device, tkb4. I can clarify for you. The model currently available is the T2000 (http://spr.ly/6600E9uqE), and it will display the number for incoming calls based the caller ID information associated with that number (no extra app needed). You can purchase that device at the above link at your convenience.

Is there any other Verizon Wireless question we can answer for you?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes