Highlighted

How can I completely delete text messages ever sent?

DUSJAC19

Is there a way to completely delete text messages from the account that have been deleted from the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: How can I completely delete text messages ever sent?

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Unless you're backing up the texts somewhere, once they're deleted from the phone, they are gone.  The text details (not content) will remain on the account's text log for 90 days even if the texts are deleted from the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Unless you're backing up the texts somewhere, once they're deleted from the phone, they are gone.  The text details (not content) will remain on the account's text log for 90 days even if the texts are deleted from the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

You've come to the right place for help DUSJAC19. I know how important it is for you to make sure your text messages are deleted.

Once a text message is deleted from the phone they are not kept unless you are backing up your messages. In regard to your VZW account, only the text message details can be viewed on your My Verizon account for the last three months. You will only be able to view the dates, times, and number for the text messages send and received. You will not be able to view the actual text content. To view the text details, sign in to My Verizon and go to View Bill and go to Usage Details.

Are you using the standard messaging app on the phone or a third party messaging app? The reason I ask is because some third party apps automatically back up your text messages.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

You've come to the right place for help DUSJAC19. I know how important it is for you to make sure your text messages are deleted.

Once a text message is deleted from the phone they are not kept unless you are backing up your messages. In regard to your VZW account, only the text message details can be viewed on your My Verizon account for the last three months. You will only be able to view the dates, times, and number for the text messages send and received. You will not be able to view the actual text content. To view the text details, sign in to My Verizon and go to View Bill and go to Usage Details.

Are you using the standard messaging app on the phone or a third party messaging app? The reason I ask is because some third party apps automatically back up your text messages.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

But, can't the text messages be retrieved if subpoenaed?  That would mean Verizon IS keeping the texts beyond 90 days...

0 Likes