How can I call or text another device while I am on a cruise?

I will be on an Alaska Cruise in a few weeks.  When I am AT SEA (not when I am in port) what do I need to do or have added to my account in order for my cell phone to call or text another phone on the ship, or to have voice and data for contacting people back home?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: I will be on an Alaska Cruise in a few weeks. When I am AT SEA (not when I am in port) what do I need to do or have added to my account in order for my cell phone to call or text another phone on the ship, or to have voice and data for contacting peo

Sr. Leader

To call and/or text someone on ship will be quite the expense since you will both have to be subscribed.

Pricing on cruise ships are $1.79/minute and that will be for EACH of the phones sending/receiving a call while on ship.

Texting rates are $0.50/message sent and $0.05/message received.

You can find more on international rates at the following location.

International Travel | Verizon Wireless

Cruise ship wifi rates are not much better but you may want to look into those and utilize wifi calling while on ship.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I will be on an Alaska Cruise in a few weeks. When I am AT SEA (not when I am in port) what do I need to do or have added to my account in order for my cell phone to call or text another phone on the ship, or to have voice and data for contacting peo

Sr. Leader

To call and/or text someone on ship will be quite the expense since you will both have to be subscribed.

Pricing on cruise ships are $1.79/minute and that will be for EACH of the phones sending/receiving a call while on ship.

Texting rates are $0.50/message sent and $0.05/message received.

You can find more on international rates at the following location.

International Travel | Verizon Wireless

Cruise ship wifi rates are not much better but you may want to look into those and utilize wifi calling while on ship.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19