How can I block robocalls

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: how can I block robocalls

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Currently there is no way to do so. You could always not answer your phone unless you recognize the number. Robocalls will not normally leave a voicemail message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Currently there is no way to do so. You could always not answer your phone unless you recognize the number. Robocalls will not normally leave a voicemail message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

jdhiner

Thanks, that's what I do now. I just hate the obnoxious interruptions, especially on a cell phone

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Additionally, be very careful about where you give out your cell number. Many companies you may give it to will sell that number to companies who may be performing the robocalls. Be sure the check the privacy policy of any company to which you give your cell number.

Personally, I get maybe 1-2 robocalls every month IF THAT. Of course, I don't give out my cell number to many companies. I give them my landline #.

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I get one about once a year. I RARELY give out my number. I don't even download free applications without make sure the permissions don't take my number or email especially if they have no features that'll require have that type of permission.

Re: How can I block robocalls?

RC_247

I know this is an old question, but now there are apps to block robocalls. I use RoboKiller, it works great. My phone never rings. RoboKiller answerbots handle the call and you can listen the recording afterward. So funny to listen to a sales person trying to talk to the bot. It has local number spoof call detection too. It warns you and you don't have to answer those. It'll tell the caller to leave a message. Also get a burner phone app for your smart phone. You can have as many temporary numbers as you want. Great for buying stuff online, or giving to stores or salesmen (furniture, carpeting, etc) Also used for dating apps, Craigslist, etc. You "burn" the number (delete it) when you don't want it anymore.

0 Likes