How Do I Switch A Number From A Company Plan To A Family One?

leannap123

My company has recently been bought out. Our new umbrella has decided that instead of continuing our company plan with Verizon, We will all need to get individual plans & they will allow a monthly stipend. They have released all of our numbers to be ported. My fiancé has his own plan with Verizon. Considering we're getting married in just a few weeks, I would like to be added to his plan & port my number. Will I have any issues on the Verizon side? Being that the number is 'mine' & I will be jumping on his plan-not in my name? Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Porting # from a company plan to a family plan

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Your finacé would need to do a Transfer of Service for your number to add it to his account. This article should address your situation.  Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Your finacé would need to do a Transfer of Service for your number to add it to his account. This article should address your situation.  Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

I don't see a problem with the Verizon side, but will you have a problem getting the stipend if you don't have the phone in your name?