Highlighted

How Do I Cancel Service To A Device?

I went to my local Verizon store to cancel a jet-pack line on my service plan and was told I have to cancel it online but online I only see suspend.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How Do I Cancel Service To A Device?

Sr. Leader

How odd; was it a Corporate store?  You have to visit a local Corporate VzW store or contact Customer Service (*611 from your cell phone or 800-922-0204) to cancel a line of service (it can't be done on-line).  They may try to talk you out of canceling, but be firm and polite. 

Keep in mind:

If you cancel service, you may have to immediately pay off the remaining balance on any device agreement. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

How odd; was it a Corporate store?  You have to visit a local Corporate VzW store or contact Customer Service (*611 from your cell phone or 800-922-0204) to cancel a line of service (it can't be done on-line).  They may try to talk you out of canceling, but be firm and polite. 

Keep in mind:

If you cancel service, you may have to immediately pay off the remaining balance on any device agreement. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

t4nn3r,

I'm sorry that the store did not help you with canceling a line off of your account. As we never want to see a line be removed from our wireless family, we definitely want to help in every way possible. What has you looking to disconnect the jetpack?

tikibar1 is correct, the only option to cancel a line off of your account is to contact us by phone or to visit a store location. Our community member also provided some helpful customer agreement information that I hope you have looked at.

Your time is valuable & I do want to help make sure you get everything taken care of. I've sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you further. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

T4nn3r, it saddens us to see that you are looking to cancel your Jetpack. We’re here to help answer your concerns in any way we can. Tikibar1 has some very valid comments on your situation. It’s odd that a store location would not cancel your device for you and we want to submit feedback on the store and assist with your initial concerns. Please check your inbox for additional assistance.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I would like to cancel my service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

As noted earlier, you have to visit a local Corporate VzW store or contact Customer Service (*611 from your cell phone or 800-922-0204) to cancel a line of service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamcoz33, we do not want you to have to cancel your service, but would like to go over your options with you. Thank you tikibar1 for always providing support to the community. Jamcoz33, I just sent you a private message so that we can discuss your account options. 

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an unscrupulous policy.  The Web site indicated that I could cancel service in the store, so wasted my time going to the VERIZON store, only to be told I can ONLY cancel a phone by calling 800-922-0204!   

From a customer standpoint, why would we even know (or care) if it is a "corporate store?"  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

RickAue, we regret to hear you want to cancel your service. We're here to help and apologize you were misdirected with our online options. I have sent you a private message should you still need assistance. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@RickAue wrote:

This is an unscrupulous policy.  The Web site indicated that I could cancel service in the store, so wasted my time going to the VERIZON store, only to be told I can ONLY cancel a phone by calling 800-922-0204!   

From a customer standpoint, why would we even know (or care) if it is a "corporate store?"  

The policy was changed between the time you posted and the time the OP posted. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes