How Do I Add A Military Discount To My Account?

We currently use a business discount on our More Everything Plan.  If we switch to the new Unlimited plan I know we lose that discount.  We have one current Active Duty and a Veteran on our account.  Do one of their phone lines or name need to be the main account holder to receive the military discount?  Or will we be able to keep it as is and just verify they are military?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: military discount

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello tminor5,

We thank your family for their service to our country. We want to ensure all of your questions are answered correctly. In order to be able to apply someone’s discount to your account, they will need to be added as an Account Manager. Any Account Manager can apply their discount to your plan. This is true for employee discounts as well.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm pretty sure that the person that would be getting the discount would have to be the name the account is in for the discount to apply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The account holder needs to be the one who qualifies for the discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello tminor5,

We thank your family for their service to our country. We want to ensure all of your questions are answered correctly. In order to be able to apply someone’s discount to your account, they will need to be added as an Account Manager. Any Account Manager can apply their discount to your plan. This is true for employee discounts as well.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

In order to be able to apply someone’s discount to your account, they will need to be added as an Account Manager. Any Account Manager can apply their discount to your plan. This is true for employee discounts as well.

This is true?  I thought all along it had to be the account owner ... IF this is true, that's good news.  My husband is retired military, the account is in my name, and if we can get his military discount, wonderful!!

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It's been available since January 2016; discounts apply to Account Owners or Managers, but only one discount per account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

That will work.  We currently have no discount; he's been retired military and receiving benefits since July 2016; the discount would be $5-$10 a month on our $50 Medium plan, but every bit helps.  Now to find his DD214....

Highlighted

Does the military discount work like the employee discount?  Is the discount for a family plan off of the $110 unlimited data fee? 

How much is the discount for veterans?  How much for retired military?

0 Likes
Covid19