Highlighted

How Can I View My Text Message History?

Jenjenjener

Can I view my Tex message history

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: How Can I View My Text Message History?

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you're logged into your My Verizon account as Account Owner/Manager, you have access to the current text logs via the Usage section.  You have access to the past 90 days' worth of text logs via the billing section.  See if this helps:

Re: how to acess previous messages/ call log?

0 Likes

jav6

Note, the Message Logs in My Verizon->Usage are the to/from/type only, not the actual text message content.

0 Likes

Jenjenjener

Can I do the same for prepaid account

0 Likes

Jenjenjener

It does not show me the number ?

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jenjenjener, you can quickly access and view your text
messaging usage details (But not content) through your My Verizon account access by following these steps:

1.  Access your My Verizon account.

2.  From your home page hover your mouse over the "My Usage" tab and choose and click "View Usage."

3.  Choose the mobile number you're looking to view usage for and click the picture of the device displayed.

4.  Scroll down a tad to view and click the link titled "View
messages details."

5. You should now see options to "Download as a spreadsheet,""View all" as well as details for your texts (e.g. To, From, Direction, and Message Type). I hope this information is helpful. - RobertC_VZW   

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

jav6, you are absolutely correct! When looking at texting logs, due to Federal Privacy laws we are unable to provide the actual content of each text message. You would have to view this content directly from your device.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Jenjenjener

Is there a way I can view the number

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018, 11:24 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes

jav6

I am only seeing a Name (my own as account owner) in the To/From of a text message but when I hover over it, my number shows up in a pop-up.  Downloading the current or previous cycle text logs also shows numbers except for my name only instead of my number.  Where are you looking to see a number instead of something else?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you are able to view the phone number that sent or received your text message. By logging into your VZW.com account, you will be able to see the current month's text log. messages. http://spr.ly/6589DnQgl

If you have an iPhone the iMessage may not appear at all. http://spr.ly/6580DnQgm Does this help?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes