How Can I Separate A Line From Overdue Account?

My ex boyfriend and I have a joint phone plan. I have been paying my half diligently but he has not been paying his. he is the account owner and I have not known he didn't pay his half until recently when we were cut off because he does not have me as an account manager. I want to get to my own plan asap because I am moving to a new state but he laughed at me and said we can't because the bill is $250 overdue. is that true?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How to Separate a line from overdue account

Sr. Leader

He's the Account Owner, so he's responsible for the bill.  And he's correct ... you can't transfer your service to a new account unless the balance is paid.  From:

Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"Make sure your balance is current on the account you want to transfer."

It would be a pain to have to get a new number, but if you want your own plan "asap", you may have to just start fresh with a new number/account if the Account Owner won't settle the bill and complete a Transfer of Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

He's the Account Owner, so he's responsible for the bill.  And he's correct ... you can't transfer your service to a new account unless the balance is paid.  From:

Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"Make sure your balance is current on the account you want to transfer."

It would be a pain to have to get a new number, but if you want your own plan "asap", you may have to just start fresh with a new number/account if the Account Owner won't settle the bill and complete a Transfer of Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't want to move to a new carrier I just want to be responsible for my own phone and bill. this phone is on a payment plan and it's "mine" and I've got a case, personalized it, everything. The idea of giving him the phone and just getting my own looks like the only option.

0 Likes
Covid19