Highlighted

Hotspot unlimited?

Hi,  I have the unlimited plan and does that mean the hotspot is unlimited too?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Hotspot unlimited?

Sr. Leader

From  The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Mobile hotspot/tethering reduced to 3G speeds after 10 GB/month per line

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

That answer would depend on which plan you have. Please provide that information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

From  The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Mobile hotspot/tethering reduced to 3G speeds after 10 GB/month per line

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

...and 3G speed to Verizon is so slow it's unusable garbage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think if they are raising the price of the hotspot from $10 a month to $20 a month to be like all other devices it needs the same 22gb top out or  they need to change it back to the $10 for the device .   IT'S [Removed] is what it is.

I even put the sim card in a real device, an iPad.  A device that should have a 22gb threshhold.   But it still only counts tword the 10gb top out.    Still [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

The 16GB plan is still available, you can switch back to that. It's not Unlimited, even on your JetPack, it's 16GB total shared usage.

You could also switch to ATT if you feel the need to, but you should read and pay attention to what you are signing up for. ATT limits their hotspot to 10GB too...

Good Luck

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

bear350, we always want you on the best plan option for your personal needs.  Making sure our customers are getting great service at the best possible rate is always our priority.  I have sent you a private message to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I've complained numerous times on the community forum about the same thing. I have never received a private message from Verizon agents and I'm still waiting for the call back that was supposed to happen in 2 hours...I believe it's been over a week now. I guess I really don't matter to Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

harleyman22 -

I deeply apologize that you haven't been followed up with as expected. I understand there has been some concern with the 10GB cap, and your feedback is valuable. I certainly care about the services you're receiving. I am a consumer outside of work as well.

We certainly want to ensure that you are within the 3G speed threshold and not receiving anything less. If you're current over the 10GB mark and using 3G, I recommend running a speed test and sending us the results. A speed test can be performed using this link: http://bit.ly/2nTMTVi. I can use these results to lift feedback.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Once again, why can't someone from Verizon support send me a direct message????