Highlighted

Re: !!!Hotspot error!!!

ed67

same here in NH. Just started today. No Hotspot.

0 Likes
Highlighted

brokk1

After not working for at least 12 hours yesterday, it finally started working last night.  Still working this morning.  Seems like it was definitely a Verizon issue.  I really wish they were more proactive about maintaining some sort of site where they had up to date information about problems like this.  It's so frustrating...

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're sorry to hear your Mobile Hotspot is not working properly, kwoo1969. Let's take a closer look into this. Please power the device off and back on. Then attempt to connect the mobile hotspot again. Does your mobile data work when the Mobile Hotspot is turned off? What is the current software in your device? Have you attempted to connect to a different device? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want to ensure your hotspot is working the way it should. We are happy to help. What model phone do you have? Are you able to use the Internet service directly on your device without any issue?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We definitely want you to be able to use your Hotspot. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist. When did this issue start? Are you trying to use the Hotspot from your cell phone device or Mobile Hotspot device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's work together to solve this concern. Here is a link that'll allow you to troubleshoot any problems with your device. http://spr.ly/66011nQeV Tell me, are you having trouble with any data, calls or text? Are any other Verizon customers having the same experience?  VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear about the issues with your service for at least 12 hours, brokk1. We never want you to be without service but I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running. We'll certainly lift up your feedback and if you continue to have any issues, let us know. You can perform troubleshooting right here any time if needed: vzw.com/troubleshooting

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes

petek7

Hotspot worked well every time for over a year. Twice this month (Jan 2020), it just failed, over and over again. I thought it was a mistake with my subscription at first, until the hotspot worked fine later that day. I have restarted, airplane mode cycle, and changed power settings to optimized or high performance, and typically followed most other troubleshooting guides. Unless Verizon is pushing over-the-air updates more than twice a month, the issue is not with the phone. 

"Unable to Connect

Data Connection not available"

This is on my Galaxy S9 SM-G960U.

I have confirmed it is not a network problem - full signal, and I can still web browse quickly. I can also hotspot with my Xfinity Mobile phone perfectly fine which uses the same Verizon network.

Verizon. What is going on?

0 Likes
Highlighted

petek7

...and as expected, it works fine now, about 5 hours later. Verizon, did you have an outtage this morning? Do you have a plan in place to stop these outtages or at least message customers when these outtages are happening?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sesshy380

Same issue here in MI. My hotspot is working perfectly fine (using as I type this as it is my only web source), but my husband's will not work at all. We both have the exact same phone,plan, etc. He is literally sitting right beside me and it will not connect, yet mine hasn't gone out at all. His does this quite often, while I have only ever had it happen once. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

0 Likes