Highlighted

Horrid Customer Service

TeddyF

On May 2, 2019 @ Approx Noon EDT, I contacted Verizon Wirells 'Customer Service'. Usually I am greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable VZ rep. This time was quite different. I was 'greeted' by 'Mary' (Only info I was provided).

Mary was rude and argumentative, I asked to speak to a supervisor and this is where it gets good (or bad, depending).

I was told that there was no supervisor available and would be placed on hold. Well I was on hold for 2 1/2 hours with Mary checking back to see if I was still holding. At the end of 2 1/2 hours the line went dead.

Before I change to Xfinity wireless, how can I get someones attention at VZ?

Re: Horrid Customer Service

Community Manager
Community Manager

@TeddyF

I'm sorry to hear that you had to be on hold for so long, and while no one wants to see you go, there's definitely a lot more to this that we'd need to know. What was the reason you had contacted Customer Service to begin with? 

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes

GOOSEYV

I have had similiar experienc this weekend. Began with shipoing errors and ended with bold faced lies in store and many awful experiences with Verizon chat and Messenger.

Manager of Knoxville, TN had his employee lie right to my face. I had a nice person via chat just now that promised to fix and refund the $100 in over charges.

And dont bother with the Messenger option when the phone line is too long. I tried Fridat night after a horrible guy named Toby was pretty useless via chat. I had six different people and they took at least 20 minutes between answers and each giave me diferent info. Eventually they stopped replying. 

I have never had anything like this.

Wish I was not with Verizon!

0 Likes

GOOSEYV

I do no tknow that you can fix this issue. It is so widespread. Please see mine above. 

0 Likes

TeddyF

To: RussellM VZM Customer Support;

Regradless of why I called there is no need to be put on hold for 2 1/2 hours by a rude and argumentative rep.  'Mary' would periodically check and tell me she was looking for a supervisor.  After all this the line dropped and no callback.

There had to be other means to handle this call. Sounds like 'Mary' was stalling until i hung up, which i was determined not to do.

I would be more than happy to disuss the reason for the call and desire to speak with a supervisor off-line.

Teddy

0 Likes

bearone21
Leader

mary played you, you should've called back.

0 Likes

TeddyF

Shame on Mary.

Been a satisfied customer since 1996 and now I am considering changing carriers because of one disgruntled employee.

life is too short to put up with nonsense like this.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, GOOSEYV. We always strive to provide world-class service, so I'm troubled to learn of your experience. We would be sad to see you leave, so we're here to help. I'm glad that your overages were credited. Did you have any other questions for me today?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to turn this experience around for you as soon as possible, and we'd be truly sad to see you go. How can we mend our relationship with you?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes

TeddyF

Dear BreannaH_VZW

All that I want is an explanation of my bad experience.

1. Is putting somebody on hold for 2 1/2 hours, checking back every half hour and then dropping the line with no callback an accepted practice?
  2. 'Mary' was rude and argumentative. Pretty sure that this is not an accepted practice.

This Rep was one bad apple out of the dozens of professional reps I have spoken with at VZ and I hate to leave, but this was a brutal experience. 'Mary' has to remember that consumers have a choice.

Please feel free to contact me via email or my cell phone.

0 Likes