Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Horrible billing scam

When I added a line to my account (now have 5), after lengthy discussions and set up, they throw in a $40 activation fee.  I said no way, and then the guy said he would talk to a manager.  Came back 5 seconds later and said it was waived because we are such good customers.  Got the bill, and surprise surprise, we got billed the fee! 

I called to get it taken off, but it ends up the only way you can get an activation fee removed is from the tele-sales person.  If they don't give it to you then, you are stuck with it.  But I did ask, and I did get them to take it off. Ends up the guy didn't write it down.  Shocking.  And the regular Verizon can't do anything--and it's my word vs. theirs--they admitted it. 

I am not a lier.  I'm not even a big poster.  But this is disgusting.  Now we've already given my mother that number so it would be incredibly painful to switch.  Aha!  They have us!  Nice move Verizon.  A VERY VERY unhappy customer.  You should check what your tele-sales people are doing.  Give me that guys commission.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Horrible billing scam

Sr. Leader

That activation fee has been a part of new contract/renewals for years.  This sounds like an authorized retailer not a corporate store.  Corp stores never waive fees, AR stores will say one thing, but that upgrade fee is part of their money, so...that's why it snuck up on you.

Sr. Leader

ATT and Verizon both charge a $40 fee to add a line, or upgrade with a subsidized 2 year contract.

Customer Support

Tool1978,

We do not want you to be upset. Where did you add the line? (store locations or over the phone) If at a store, have you revisted the store to check into this?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

ITS A TEN FOOT POLE -NO LOOB (they don't care)

0 Likes

help me too please I'm sorry ill be good nnever mind I've been loyal and faithful top their VZcustomer since 2003 right? please prove me wrong!

0 Likes

They are THE worst!!!!! Both times I’ve added a line, the price they tell you in the store is wayyyyyy over what the bill is. I miss AT&T! At least they were honest!

0 Likes

@Erin2829 wrote:

They are THE worst!!!!! Both times I’ve added a line, the price they tell you in the store is wayyyyyy over what the bill is. I miss AT&T! At least they were honest!

AT&T being honest..a bit early for April Fool's.

VZW tells you up front what the cost would be on their plan page, you can also go off your bill which they give easy access to online. If your plan is $20 per line, it's $20 for the new one nothing hard to figure out. If you're on one of the newer unlimited plans, the plan page tells you the rate based off number of lines. Absolutely nothing is hidden about those.

All carriers charge upgrade fees, doesn't matter if they say they do or hide it, it's there. Verizon openly is telling customers currently that upgrade fees are $40 if a rep does your order or half of you order online. You couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

0 Likes