Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Horrible Cell Service & Verizon Customer Support
moosehead1

We have been Verizon cell customers as a family for over 10 years and are located in central Denver.  Over the past months we suddenly have had horrible cellular service with multiple dropped calls, on all our Apple cell phones of various models.  Of course, this is in our home with all of us now using it as an office and virtual school, so cell coverage is critical.  

I've literally been pursuing solutions the bulk of this week with Verizon via multiple phone customer support, Tier 2 Service techs, Text Tech Coach, etc.   It must be literally over 12 hours of begging for help.  I get passed around to multiple techs, put on hold indefinitely, calls dropped by live operators completely or put back into endless automated phone system loops.

First troubleshooting was to replace two cell phones.  That took several days.  Then I DIY installed a cell boost antenna system on the roof.  Then this morning I finally asked Verizon if there was a way for the company to evaluate our cell signal at the house.  They did and confirmed that we had little to no cell voice connectivity over specific periods of time.  No kidding.  One would think Verizon would have figured that out a week ago during this customer service ordeal but no.

Now I'm on hold indefinitely waiting for Verizon to authorize a network extender.  

Thanks for allowing the rant, but IME, Verizon is broken.  

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Horrible Cell Service & Verizon Customer Support
moosehead1

Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) by Verizon is to have an opaque customer service system that does not provide for (1) tech service reps by name, (2) call back numbers directly to tech service rep, or (3) tech service email addresses.

All of this serves to put the burden of obtaining customer service on the customer, not Verizon.  Meanwhile, solutions rarely get addressed and Verizon merely disappears into the ether, forcing the customer to repeatedly reach out to the one-way service requests.  This puts the customer always on hold, repeating case histories, getting kicked to another department, having to repeat the process all over.  

Hours and days wasted that could be handled directly, promptly, efficiently.  

Instead, Verizon purposely chooses this archaic customer service system.  

View solution in original post

moosehead1

Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) by Verizon is to have an opaque customer service system that does not provide for (1) tech service reps by name, (2) call back numbers directly to tech service rep, or (3) tech service email addresses.

All of this serves to put the burden of obtaining customer service on the customer, not Verizon.  Meanwhile, solutions rarely get addressed and Verizon merely disappears into the ether, forcing the customer to repeatedly reach out to the one-way service requests.  This puts the customer always on hold, repeating case histories, getting kicked to another department, having to repeat the process all over.  

Hours and days wasted that could be handled directly, promptly, efficiently.  

Instead, Verizon purposely chooses this archaic customer service system.  

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here for you. The last thing we want is for you to be experiencing this. A Private Note will be sent, so we can dig further into this. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
moosehead1

Endless on hold wait times for Verizon to authorize a cellular extender since the service in our home drops calls constantly.

Was forced to purchase an extender myself just to get a DIY solution.  Another $290 at a Verizon store.

Then trying to make basic purchase of 2 Iphone 12’s for Christmas gifts turns into yet another black hole of wait times online.  Yes, I started on Verizon App first.  

So like many other frustrated Verizon customers, I just limp back to Apple where retail transactions, customer service, and wait times are all superb.  You just have to pay for it, so you do.  $2K purchases for two phones.  

Now I’m just trying to get Verizon to sell us two new Sim cards for the Iphone 12’s.  Back to endless black holes of wait times online chats, Verizon phone, and at retail stores.  Retail stores require appointments in Covid, no problem, but they cannot actually schedule an appointment online or answer a local store call because the system is totally dysfunctional.  

Verizon is a complete and utter disaster.  Go anywhere else for cell service.  Literally.

moosehead1

Meanwhile, since Verizon’s system is so dysfunctional, they know they will get bombarded by complaints.

So they make the complaint system opaque too, and put it here in an obscure corner of their company.  The Community.

The Community is largely a collection of dissatisfied customers, with the same complaints, same unmet needs, all desperate for help from a Verizon.  A company incapable of servicing their customers.

So we rely on neighbors, other customers, our kids, other companies like Apple, to help us find solutions to Verizon problems.

Is anyone at Verizon listening?  Do you guys care that customer service is competely broken?  

A tech company with no tech.  No systems.  No SOP’s other than let the customer figure it out on their own.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is never the way we want you to feel about us and our customer service, mooosehead1. We understand that it is important for you to have the best service and experience with us always. What exactly are you having trouble with? Can you please provide us with more details?

0 Likes
Wakemelatur

I have been dealing with my issue for months.  I have experienced exactly what this post says.  I have constant dropped calls and I do not receive calls.  According to Verizon the problem is in my line as nobody else in my house has the problem.  Phones and sims have been replaced.

I was contacted by a support agent, supposedly tier 3 named Anice who guaranteed me that she would contact me after the technician investigated my issue. I told her I did not want another canned video response like I have received three previous times. She said I will not get that and SHE would call me back. Well, I received the same video and have not heard from ANYONE. My issue continues to be unresolved. My phone is useless now for months...yet I continue to pay my bill. Is there ANYONE at Verizon who actually will help me? I’m at my wits end! This is beyond unacceptable! Jodie Wasikowski

717-580-7154

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Wakemelatur, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your service. Is your issue only with calls or are you having trouble with texts and data usage as well? May we ask what ZIP Code you are experiencing the issues?

-Joshua

0 Likes
S-C-Voter

I asked when I purchased the phone and iPad if I could change my payment date to the 5 th of each month. I was told I could. I decided to check for sure on my Verizon app. They also told me that my date could be changed to the 5th of each month and I was told it would be changed immediately.  Our income is Social Security and it arrives on the 3rd of each month.  I just checked my account and it still says it is due Jan 1. Would you please change this to the 5th immediately and send me an email confirming the change of date. Thank you. SC Voter

0 Likes
Ckim_510

Hit the nail RIGHT on the HEAD with this.

Endless cycle of hold, 'dropped calls', alleged 'call backs'...leading to the customer having to call back to their sorry excuse for a customer service department countless amounts of times just to start at STEP ONE.

DO BETTER VZW

0 Likes