Home Fusion - Implies a home internet solution

NSZRX1200

I enjoy rural living.  However, we have no cables or fiber that can carry broadband so over the air signals are the only solution.  I had satellite for years and tired of the data restrictions and latency of satellite based internet solutions.  Verizon offers and provides a good 4G LTE signal in my area.  This has been my solution for many years.  First, I had a jetpack.  After a year or so Verizon offered the Home Fusion package which I jumped on as a better solution. This includes a modem/router that has several Ethernet ports.  As with any device like this it's purpose is to serve many devices that require network & internet access.  It connects several devices; laptops, iPad, other IOT devices.

Now on to the recent unlimited data offer / solution.  Verizon offers up to 22GB of data on mobile devices like your phone, iPad, etc.  However, for the Home Fusion solution 10GB of data is allowed at 4G speeds and then a throttle back to 3G.  This is not logical.  Why is a stationary device like the Home Fusion router with its permanently mounted can on the side of my house not at least 22GB, but maybe even a bit more before throttling back?  Home Fusion is as its name states a home device and as such supports more traffic.  Hence, it should have a data plan to match!  Right this moment I'm downloading a Windows 10 update which used up over 5GB of my 10GB plan up until it reached 85%.  Now I'm sitting here waiting for it to get past 87% for the last 15 minutes.  This is a silly illogical solution for a home internet device.  Verizon management needs to rethink this and do the right thing by offering a reasonable cost/value home solution rather than something that is leaving some folks with a less than desirable one.  I’m sure plenty of money is being made by Verizon management and all the shareholders.  Rethink this and offer something that pleases your loyal paying customers!

Labels (1)

Re: Home Fusion - Implies a home internet solution

Ann154
Expert

You can always switch back to a tiered solution.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

teal50

Long term Verizon users here. We also live in a rural area and have had a Home Fusion device practically since its inception. We had a shared 30 gig plan with reduced speeds, after hitting 30 gigs, only if the the tower was congested/high traffice.  This worked out very well for speeds for us. It did not seem like the speed was reduced much, if at all.

When the new unlimited plan came about it sounded great. However, it was not made clear that the Home Fusion devices were going to be reduced in speed after reaching only 10 gigs.  I believe when I called in to ask about and change to the Unlimited plan, I specifically asked if the 22 gigs applied to Home Fusion and it sounded like it did.  Then, like the others mentioned, we received a surprise text notification that our speeds would be reduced to 3G when we hit 10 gigs on the Fusion device.

I, like others, do not view a Home Fusion device as "mobile".  It is fixed. When one purchases this device it is purely for data.  I really wish Verizon would consider making the limit at least 22 gigs for the Home Fusion device before shifting to 3G speeds.

I do have another concern with our 10 gig LTE limit.  There are times where we do not have LTE service. The Home Fusion device speed is clearly slooowww, at times, when we are below the 10 gig.  A check on my I-phone may not show the LTE or has shown 3G.  Concern here is the slower speed is counting towards the LTE 10 gig limit.

When reduced to 3G..the speed often is very slow, making it unusable or nearly unusable.  I sincerely hope that Verizon looks at allowing at higher LTE data level for Home Fusion devices, with throttling only if there is high traffic on the tower.  That seems quite reasonable.

0 Likes

mkhfusion

Totally agree

0 Likes

boringusername

@mkhfusion wrote:

Totally agree

You are agreeing with a 2 year old post? Before they got rid of it a few weeks back you could have gotten a prepaid jetpack with an unlimited plan with no cap. Video was limited to 720p and you got deprioritized during congestion but other than that there wasn't a limit. And it was $65. Now the same plan curently gives you 30 GB for the same price then slows down to 600 kbps after( video limit is always 720p as far as I know ). Which isn't fast but faster than the 128 kbps HomeFusion slows down to. Still cheaper than the 30 GB Homefusion plan. Also it hasn't been called HomeFusion in a few years. It's called Connected Home now

0 Likes