Help

I have been a Verizon customer for several years. At the end of December 2014 I was eligible for an Early Edge. I ordered the i-phone 6 plus online. After receiving my new phone I soon find that it is required to turn in my old device. Only being a couple weeks from the end of my contract, I called Verizon customer service and spoke to a rep. My only options were to return my old device, pay the 299.00 fee, or return the new device and wait a couple of weeks for a new phone. I opted to return the new phone. This is where the trouble begins. I start getting texts that I will be billed 299.00 so I called customer service. Soon after I begin receiving past due texts and emails and called customer service. I keep having to call back customer service with no resolve. Its been almost four months and I still have a past due balance and still getting text messages to call Verizon. Verizon customer service is horrible! The customer service reps that I interacted with never follow up. Today it started all over again. I spoke to finance and customer service. New forms were filled out. Now I have to wait another 30 days to see if everything was filled out correctly so my account can be credited. Is there an end to the madness?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Help

Sr. Leader

I'm surprised they didn't tell you that you had to turn in a phone if any balance was due before edging up.  There is a lot of this type of thing where billing and equipment are stuck in seemingly endless loops for a matter of months.  No one ever comes back to say that their issue was resolved.

0 Likes

Web ordering is not the way to go. There are a lot of details that are missed. I would have never done the early edge knowing that a device had to be returned, especially when I was so close to the end of my contract.

Leader

Yes, I was like 2 weeks away from my upgrade and I did Early Edge. I was so frustrated, for no reason, at my iPhone 5 that when I went to the store for them to fix it I just took the Early Edge. I don't regret it because I love my LG G3 but I COULD have waited 2 weeks and been able to keep my iPhone. Oh well.

0 Likes