Highlighted

Having an issue porting number

zarnum

So I'm trying to switch to Verizon prepaid, have my new phone, and trying to switch my old number from a different provider. For about 24 hours now, my status online shows:

"Your Old Service Provider has agreed to release your telephone number to Verizon Wireless. You should receive a free text message within the next 4 hours welcoming you to Verizon Wireless."

This morning I decided to call the port center number, and it told me there was no record of my port request.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Having an issue porting number

Community Manager
Community Manager
We are excited to have you join the VZW family zarnum! Unfortunately, we do not have access to pre-pay accounts. For further assistance, you may reach out to pre-pay customer service at 877-777-5759.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader

You should call your current provider to make sure on their end first, then call Verizon to expedite the process.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
We are excited to have you join the VZW family zarnum! Unfortunately, we do not have access to pre-pay accounts. For further assistance, you may reach out to pre-pay customer service at 877-777-5759.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

zarnum

Called the port center, said that the port should be finalized around noon, its 2:30 now, online shows no record of a port request anymore, phone still isn't activated and every number I'm told to call wants my credit card information to proceed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Zarnum-

Having a reliable phone is very important.  We don't want you to wait another minute.  Please reach out to our Pre Pay team at 1-888-294-6804 to check the status on your port in order.  Thank you for your patience as we work on resolving your issue.

EmmaM_VZW
0 Likes