Highlighted

Has anyone had their plan changed without consent?

kbtigre

I had a plan for my smart phone with 1gb of data for around $96 a month. One day I happened to check my automated bank withdrawal and noticed they were taking $117 a month for almost a year. When I went to the store to see why, they said my plan was at 3gb. I never made this change. This was done by Verizon without my consent. I only use an average of .2gb (that's .2 not 2). Why would i increase my plan from 1gb to 3gb when I average .2gb. I feel like I have been robbed and there is no way I will get my money back. I have used Verizon for around eight years and was happy with the service until now. I will be looking into another provider if I can't get my money back. I feel like there is no one to turn to. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: has anyone had their plan changed without consent?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

You can go back to the 1GB plan on SE for $80 ($40 access fee and $40 data bucket) and taxes at any time.  Why it was changed, I don't know but it did take you a year to figure it out ... I check my bill every month and a $10 difference would make me review it to find out why.  A single month, they may refund, but not a full year.

Change it back, effective your next billing cycle, and take a few minutes to review your charges each month just to be sure....

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: has anyone had their plan changed without consent?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

You can go back to the 1GB plan on SE for $80 ($40 access fee and $40 data bucket) and taxes at any time.  Why it was changed, I don't know but it did take you a year to figure it out ... I check my bill every month and a $10 difference would make me review it to find out why.  A single month, they may refund, but not a full year.

Change it back, effective your next billing cycle, and take a few minutes to review your charges each month just to be sure....

View solution in original post

0 Likes