Group text issues with only friends on tmobile

Group texting works with everyone except tmobile subscribers.  I can send a group text and everyone receives it.  However, when people text back, i only recieve responses from people not on a tmobile network.  If i text the person individually, i have no problem recieving their text, no matter what network they are on.   This applies to both my phone and my wife's phone.  I have had this proble on a samsung s6, s8, and currently s9.  My wife has had this problem with a samsung s4, s5, s7, and currently s8.  Please help?  Why is it just the tmobile group responses?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Group text issues with only friends on tmobile

Customer Support

Jjipb, I can certainly understand your concern in regard to not being able to use the group texting feature on your device with T-Mobile subscribers. I do apologize that you are having this issue. What messaging application are you using to send group messages?

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Currently using Message+ but have tried it with other services as well.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Customer Support

Jjipb,

I appreciate the details. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to remove your Message+ app and reinstall it? 

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Yes, multiple times

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes

Customer Support

Jjipb, I understand how important it is to use group messaging. Let's get this figured out. Are other services impacted such as calls, picture messaging or data?

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Nope, no other services are affected. I can receive everything from a tmobile user if it is not in a group text.

0 Likes

Customer Support

Jjipb, being able to text with others is vitally important. I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing as a result of not being able to receive text messages when group texting with T-Mobile device users. Let’s dig even deeper into this matter.  How long have you been experiencing issues receiving group text messages from  T-Mobile users? Have you tried using the text messaging app that’s included with your Samsung devices? - RobertC_VZW  

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Yes, I have tried the app that comes with the phone. No difference. I have also tried 3 other messaging apps. No difference. The weird thing is that it is the same with my wife's number as well.....

0 Likes

Customer Support

Jjipb,

I appreciate your patience and all the great details you have provided. We must get to the bottom of the messaging issue.

The group text issue is definitely unusual, especially since you can receive responses back from all other parties except T-Mobile. I understand that they can text you individually. We may need you to gather a little info from a T-Mobile end user in your group thread.

What happens on T-Mobile's phone end when the end user responds to the group? Does it show the message was sent or do they receive an error? Are you and your wife the only parties that do not receive the reply?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes