Highlighted

Grandfathered military discount revoked

Hi I have been a loyal customer since January 2018, and I've been receiving the $40 off my bill for 4 lines until recently. I am aware that the military discount has changed since 2019. I was looking at the Verizon website and saw a new military discount, so I asked a Verizon rep about it and was wrongly informed about the details. I clicked on the discount, causing me to lose my current discount, replacing it with the current military discount, which is only $20 off the bill. I clearly did not want this change to happen. I contacted Verizon, and the rep submitted a form to see if I could get my grandfathered discount back. 11 days later, I hear no response, so I reach out again, and I am notified that my request has been denied. 

So now my choices are:

1) Pay $50 extra for this month's bill since the discount "changed" and requires 1-2 bill cycles to activate, and once it activates, I only save $20 instead of my usual $40. This means in reality I am losing $20 every bill just because of my mistake clicking on the discount.
2) Not be a Verizon customer anymore.

Is it just me or am I crazy for thinking that I shouldn't have to lose hundreds of dollars just for clicking on a link?

0 Likes