Highlighted

Go unlimited price

I am a long term customer , I started having an issue with my internet connection on my phone when I switched my plan to go Unlimited. I have tried several times with your Customers support team, to have a discount to be able to switch to beyond unlimited. One of the CS reps, promised me on June 26, 2019 to give me a trial with no extra charges ( Free Trial ) just to check how is the internet speed on the higher plan, but few days later I figured out that my Bill increased, I got back on chat I think with the same person ( Sydney) after a long dispute, they were able to Credit me back the amount as she promised ( really I am not sure if really they did) my concern, when I asked them to put me back on my previous Plan the Go unlimited They said, I will not be eligible anymore for the Loyalty offer ( discount ), because when I switched / got the trial to the higher plan, they can’t get me back to previous discount.

Really I am disappointed, no one told me, that if I will get the free trial, they can’t get me back to the same Offer I had, no one was clear from the beginning.

Now, I want to get back to my previous plan the GO UNLIMITED with the same offer I had, I use to pay $115 - $120 per month for all 3 lines, no way I have to pay now $160 because no one told me that my offer will end if I get the offer ( free trail ) promoted by you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Go unlimited price

I didn't ask for Plan changes, they offered me Free trial, and They promised my plan wil remain the same after the trial if i want to keep my previous one, now they can't offered me the same price ( just i got the trial only for 2 weeks)

They look like they don't have any issue if i switch to another carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You can sign into your MyVerizon account online and change your plan from the Beyond Unlimited Plan to the Go Unlimited Plan without any reps assistance. It will also allow you to see the price difference between the two plans before you authorize the change. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I know i can do that, the problem i had a plan discount before they put me on the trial month, i use to pay $115-$120 monthly,  ow they said the discount not valid anymore, now i have to pay $160 without discount. And they never informed me before they gave me the trial period.

i want to stay on my first plan and pay same amount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited Plans only qualify for an autopay with paperless discount or a military discount. If you had a different plan before and qualified for an employee discount, you may not be able to return to that plan if that plan is retired.

Exactly which plan did you have before? It would be listed on the bill from that time period.

The community members need more information in order to properly understand the situation. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I got into the same mess.  I have the silly Go55+ Unlimited plan which throttles during  network congestion which, I have learned, is all day until a certain hour...this from a tech I talked to.   ("Ma'am, if you can just hold on until __:00 pm, it will change back and won't be throttled.")

Fortunately, I have another phone, my Google  Fi number, and I have an unlimited MiFi that was loaned to me to prove how bad this plan is. 

I can't believe I am talking about V/E/R/I/Z/O/N.   II trusted this local group. 

I am not trading up. another $15.  I am going to go pay off whatever needs to be paid to get out from under my obligations to Vzn. 

Moving to Google Fi. today where there is no contract, you pay for what you use, and you don't play games like this.  Also, your data is never over $60.  I am going to add my Verizon number to GF for $20 per month + whatever data I use. 

#1 Reason is safety.  I need my GPS.  Don't throttle me when all I use is  an avg of 1.5 gb per month. 

#2 Reason is I don't  trust Verizon any more. 

Here are my internet speeds today...I have the photos on my phone to prove it...I ran it several times (screen shots).

My VZN Go55+ Unlimited Plan        3.88  MBS DOWN           .04 MBS UP   86 MS LATENCY

VERIZON MIFI                                    12.4  MBS DOWN             .68  MBS UP     31 MS LATENCY

WINNER -- 

GOOGLE FI                                         12.6  MBS DOWN             5.14 MBS UP     34 MS

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

The previous poster was asked what kind of plan that s/he had before.  I had two lines and 16GB before. Supposedly, I would pay the same for this and they would add my tablet back on...special deal for where I worked and my 55+ age. Whatever.  I didn't ask for it, they pushed it.  I was told there would be no throttling unless I abused the service and got over 10.  

Why on earth you would want to offend a great customer like me by pushing a garbage plan on me is nonsensical.  Trust gone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Perhaps next time review the plan details and terms and conditions before agreeing to change your plan? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Then switch carriers. If you find a carrier that better fits your needs and budget, go for it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you, Ann154.   What a value your insight is to this community.  Why didn't I think of that? 

0 Likes