Highlighted

Gift card invalid - customer service not helpful

abbhardw

I purchased 5 x $100 verizon gift cards for christmas gifting using my existing account on verizonwireless.com and they were delivered by FedEx yesterday. I wanted to confirm the gift card balance on each card, so I tried paying by bill using the first card on verizonwireless.com. But I got the error message that either the card or the pin number in invalid. I then tried all 5 cards but got the exact same error message. On trying to check the gift card balance online and using phone, I'm gettng invalid card number message for each of the 5 gift cards.

Yesterday, I called customer service and they sent a link where I could chat with the customer service. Customer service chat gave me a phone number 877-899-8980 but I was told that this number is for the rebate department and they can't help me. They redirected me to customer service phone line where I was redirected back to the rebate department. I then tried texting verizon support and last night they gave me the phone number 800-876-4141. I tried calling them this morning and there's no way to talk to customer service agents (I also tried pressing 0 as someone suggested on another thread but it didn't help).

I'm extremely frustrated and reading online it seems it's an issue other customers have encountered before, but so far verizon customer service has not been helpful and I'm getting redirected from one department to another.

Can someone here please help?

PS: existing thread with similar issue (https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Is-Anyone-Else-Having-Problems-Wi...)

0 Likes

Re: Gift card invalid - customer service not helpful

Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s extremely concerning to hear about your experience, abbhardw. While this is not the way we want things to go, it’s great that you decided to check on the card balances before giving them. Now the ball’s in our court to make sure we provide accurate information in the right direction. I’ve sent a Private Note to follow up with you further. I’d also like to offer this page http://spr.ly/66001P89Q as the correct online source to verify gift card balances.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes

abbhardw

After spending 2.5 hours with customer service on Monday, 2.5 hours on Wednesday and 1.5 hours today the issue was finally resolved. This is a learning moment for verizon, and a watchout for anyone thinking of gifting verizon gift cards for holidays to friends and family.

0 Likes

JJWarrior

Hi. I'm glad this was resolved. Same thing is happening to me. Can you please let me know how they resolved this issue? 

0 Likes

Tigerstep
Novice

I'd have gone with an all purpose prepaid card than a store specific one myself.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Help is here, JJWarrior. Please provide us with more details to be on the same page and provide the best resolution. What issue are you experiencing with the Verizon Gift Cards?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes