Highlighted

Getting email instead of text message

Yesterday, my wife sent me 5 text messages. The first four went to my email which I was not checking over the weekend. The fifth message which I got was asking why I never answered her.

This has happened several times over the last year where occasionally I will get an email instead of a text message. 

Why does this happen? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Getting email instead of text message

I've had a similar issue the other day, but my question is how do I control which email address it sends the messages to?  I've got 4 lines on my account and I obviously set this up at some point as the emails are going to 4 different email addresses, but they are going to OLD addresses that I want to update!  I cannot find anywhere in my online profile to fix this (I've already change the obvious ones such that my normal Verizon emails for things like login, bill due, etc come to the new addresses).  It's just the text-to-email that are going to the wrong location!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Michealgreed, 

If you have already gone through your MyVerizon account online and change your email addresses in your profile and notification preferences, you may want to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and ask them to to check your account for any other locations with your email address in them. I had a similar problem a few years ago and apparently there was a third record in the My account that stored an email address I didn't want associated with the account any longer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Wil2liv, 

Which phone model do you have? Some phones particularly Samsung ones have an option to allow text messages to go to the email inbox? That might be one place you can check. 

The other thing is to verify the messages you missed weren't accidentally sent via an email address instead of the phone number from the originating phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I can understand the frustration of receiving an email instead of a text and to the wring email account michaelgreed. We can help. Have you updated your My-/verizon email and text alerts. What text application are you using?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-verizon-alerts-and-notifications-faqs/#item1

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's not alerts, the messages I am getting to the wrong email addresses are SMS-to-Email bridged messages (ie, messages that were attempted to be sent SMS but failed for some reason and are then resent as emails automatically by Verizon).  Going to the URL you listed, that only allows me to update emails (which I already have) for account/usage notification/alerts and NOT the SMS-to-Email information...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

This is a concern for sure michaelgreed. We want to be sure that we work on resolving this for you. I do want to be sure what you are referring to though. You are inquiring about getting account notifications to emails not text messages?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes