Highlighted

Fraudulent sales rep?

katereed212

What should I do if a sales rep lied about my contract terms? I got a new phone on my account a year ago and as a promotion, I received a tablet. I already had an ipad and didn't even want the tablet but it was free. I have literally never used it. I just tried to close out my account but apparently there is a 2-year contract on the tablet. I KNOW I would never agree to signing on for 2 years on the tablet because I didn't need or even want it. The sales rep flat out lied about it.  He even signed my name on the contract. I pulled it up online and the signature is clearly not mine.

Now I just want to cancel everything. I want nothing to do with Verizon. I call and I call but I just sit on hold. And there is no way to email Verizon customer service. The ONLY way is to call or go into the store. Last time I went into the store, I waited for one hour to do a 5 minute activation. I am extremely busy and do not have time for this.

Labels (1)

Re: Fraudulent sales rep?

ISRJAR62

this very same thing happened to me. I was sold a product and no mention of a two year contract! I just found out today. I am not sure what to do.

Something similar happened to me.  Last Christmas I went into a Verizon store with a friend.  They had the iPad Minis on-sale.  I was indecisive on whether or not I should purchase the iPad and the sales rep said my Verizon bill would decrease if I purchased the iPad, so I figured, no brainer.  I am also very busy, my bill is on auto pay, and I receive my bills via email.  I didn't pay attention, which is my fault, but the sales rep put me on the 12 GB plan for $80 which almost doubled the cost of my bill, even though I've turned that iPad on two times and I use 2-3 GBs per month.  I thought that was outrageous.

When I contacted Verizon via chat two days ago they updated my plan, but they refused to credit me for the fraudulent charges.  They said that I "chatted in" with them last December to increase the plan, but clearly that was the sales rep that lied to me and convinced me to make the iPad purchase under fraudulent pretenses.

I'm definitely calling the store, but if it's anything like my chat the other day, it will be like talking to a brick wall.  Lesson here is do not trust the Verizon sales reps!!

Through Trinet, my firm's HR Vendor, you can switch to Sprint and Sprint will pay off your contract with Verizon.  I'm thinking of doing it, but I'm not sure about Sprint's coverage.

[Removed]

Solicitation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

dexman

Even without looking at the contract, the saying that "there is no free lunch" applies to any mobile provider.

Whenever they run a special on a tablet...be it an iPad, Android...whichever...there is going to be a mobile phone number and data plan to be added, and that will add to the monthly bill. This is not unique to Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Being on autopay is not an excuse to not look at your bill for 10 months.  Who isn't busy? You can usually get credit for 1 month, but not 10 because "I wasn't looking"

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Your cell carrier expects you to review your bill regularly and catch errors.  If the dollars mattered enough, you would be doing your research and checking the bill. 

0 Likes

katereed212

Why is it my responsibility to make sure they aren't being fraudulent? That's total [Removed]. I am the paying customer. They are the ones putting themselves out there, selling themselves as a service provider.  To flat out lie is inexcusable. Do you think it would be okay if I had a learning disability? A mental disorder? What if I was just young, innocent and naive?  Would it be okay then? Where do you draw the line? You really think that VERIZON, with a market cap of over $200 BILLION dollars should put the responsibility on ME to ensure their sales staff don't completely [Removed] me? Really? Either you work for corporate America (aka in this case, Verizon), or you are the reason why companies like Verizon think it is okay to lie, cheat and steal from their customers.

When I finally talked to a customer service rep at Verizon, and I told her what happened, she actually said to me that this was not unusual and that they had received a lot of complaints about sales reps doing similar things. But wait, the best part was that when I asked her if I could just return this stupid tablet that is brand new and never been used, she said I would be better off donating it to my church and paying off the contract. If you can't see why this is wrong, more power to you. But to relieve my own conscious of any social responsibility, no one can ever say that you weren't warned.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have katereed212. You should never be lied to when processing an upgrade. You should always be provided all the facts before the order so you are able to make your decision. I'm sorry this happened and definitely don't want to lose you.

We can definitely take a look at your account and see what happened. Please respond to the Direct Message I just sent you so I can access your account and further assist. I am confident we can get this all cleared up.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You have one cellular bill to manage.  Verizon has 144 million, and does so

by computer.  It is ridiculous to think they can check every bill for errors.

0 Likes