Fraudulent acts, unauthorized changes to my account...why and how is Verizon forcing me to pay for this???

ashley_audi

One of the lines me and my fiance added to our account had called Verizon impersonating... Must have used my last 4 digits to social I'm assuming. Anyways this individual disconnected her line and released her phone from my account without authorization, and let it be known that I have called Verizon before this stating only me and the account mangers numbers are to discuss anything on our account make changes etc.. Now I am left with an extra payment of $500 due to her fraudulent changes and actions on my account and Verizon has done nothing about it and I've talked to several reps! My bill was wasn't paid at the time of me trying to solve this issue and that was the excuse for Verizon to resolve my problem... Hey Verizon! How about someone breaks into your home and steals from you and authorities tell you that you have to pay to receive what was already yours... Realized I'm not important as a customer so I paid the bill now hoping that something will be done.very stressed over this and would like answers, thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Fraudulent acts, unauthorized changes to my account...why and how is Verizon forcing me to pay for this???

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry to learn of the potential fraudulent activity on your account ashley_audi! The integrity of your account information and activity is paramount to us. Please reach out to our Fraud team online at https://www.verizonwireless.com/fraud/ and they will follow up on this issue for you.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Fraudulent acts, unauthorized changes to my account...why and how is Verizon forcing me to pay for this???

Snn5
Sr. Leader

rtiffin
Novice

Ashley_audi

fast question,, the line you are speaking of,,, you state another individual called Verizon and had it removed from your billing.. was the phone number listed on the same bill as yours and your finance?? and if so... next to that number did it display HER name or one of yours??

Also note... all customers are important whether their bill is paid or not .. I am sorry you have had a hard time with this but I am finding it hard to understand...

WHO purchased the device? you or this other party,,

if you could give me more information,, I might be able to assist you in getting a better understanding..

thanking you in advance

0 Likes

ashley_audi

The device is paid for monthly on my account and is a line I had opened for this person.. despite the fact that they had not paid there share of the bill and left it to me I had told them I want the phone back in my possession and just suspend the line until I knew what I wanted to do with it.. we never wanted to lose that line or the device.. so she took it upon herself to call Verizon impersonate me and disconnect and release her line, putting the charges to my account, stealing the phone and I'm expected to pay for this.. and I should add that she is my mother, haven't seen in years my fiance thought it'd be nice to add a line and phone for her to our account.. that being  said she knows my social security number and the fact that she does not know my password I believe she used the last 4 digits of my social impersonating me to a Verizon rep to access my account. Now while trying to resolve this a supervisor(very rude towards us I may add) informed me that since she is technically my mother that it's a family matter and there's nothing they can do.. who is a phone company to determine what is family to me? This women, basically a stranger to me besides sharing blood, had our sympathy to pay monthly to this company for her to have a phone and service, can get away with fraud on my account because to Verizon she's family. she commits fraud and theft and i have no idea where i could even find her or get a hold of her, but in verizon's eyes we have dinner on the regular? ? This is the 21st century.... I pay for insurance on each line I posses and all I want is: 1) insurance claim to the stolen phone to receive a new one 2) reimbursed for these charges that were not authorize and fraudulently done 3) the line to be reconnected to my account since it was never suppose to be let go in the first place 4) and most important options to make my account more secured whether I have to pay for or it or not so that I never go through this again..

Thank you for your response, I've been trying to get this figured out, it's not the fact I had to pay for it but that I'm expected to let go fraud and theft that was allowed by vz customer service.. getting my account back to its original matter should be an automatic given and apology,  not a favor I need to beg for to each representative I talk to which has been several..

Hope to hear some feedback of advice to this situation, and I appreciate it a lot!

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry to learn of the potential fraudulent activity on your account ashley_audi! The integrity of your account information and activity is paramount to us. Please reach out to our Fraud team online at https://www.verizonwireless.com/fraud/ and they will follow up on this issue for you.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

rtiffin
Novice

Ashley_audi just seen your reply .. I am first going to state, I AM NOT an employee of Verizon but an end user as you are..

2nd this also happen to my account years ago .. that is why I asked about the line in question and how it was listed on your side.

MINE -- this is how mine was,,, had the service forever,, in fact ended up with Verizon when they took over my area from Alltel .. my son had just returned state side from the Military and moved back home (divorce) and was blowing thru phones with another carrier and ask to help him... I allowed (never again) him to come with me to the store and select what HE could afford to pay,, we added the line and on my bill it did show the phone under the itemized section and HIS NAME ...BUT know this ,,account was still MINE ONLY ... a few years later,,, a customer service Representative ALSO allowed him access to my acct and they removed the phone line and all his services... transferring all responsibility to HIM... YES I was far past PISSED OFF as they never called to advise me that the services under my name and account was changed,, they never called to advise me that someone was accessing my account WITHOUT the password on it and without my social #... EVEN THOUGH I had placed on my account under no circumstances was anyone but me authorized to discuss or make changing to any thing on the account including services and add-ons

WHEN I learned he had in fact gained access ... and removed his phone ...I called into the company and demanded to know how and why...

ANSWER - he access the company through the phone .. since he had the device in his possession it gave him the right to the change... They removed the device at his request and put him on his own month to month (I think ) EVEN THOUGH he owed them over $1,000 for prior services...  I asked at that time after voicing my opinion about privacy ... what happens when or if he stops making payment am I responsible .. they told me NO... that since the service and device was transferred to another name ..if they default  - it would not reflex me.. I am still waiting to see if it ever comes back against me

I had done this before when with Alltel ,, and was comfortable when I added him because I knew with Alltel and any other carrier I had been with or worked for followed the same rules regarding protecting a customers privacy and account..

with this said... I am going to ask ..when they removed the line your mother has (and in my opinion it does not matter whether the party is family or not --- you - I assume are an adult and your mother or anyone else does not have power of attorney over you that you had listed here) did they place the line onto an account under her name or yours..

if they placed it under HER name they would have had to verify HER information in order to do it.. and by doing so should not be able to come back on you if she went into default..

if they placed in under another account with YOUR name and listed a separate address you would think a flag would be placed on the main account and someone from Verizon should have contacted you to confirm... BUT since I know that they have and do remove phones from an account for ANYONE as long as the device is in that party's  I would advise strongly.. watch your devices closely ..

I see Verizon added a link below .. I hope you get a good out come from this .. but know this ,, I fully understand what you are going through as it happened to me ... and I would  be interested in knowing if your mother stated she was you or if - like in my situation the change was done because she was the user of the device as was the situation in my case ..

dad_of_2

Family or no family. I'm suprised that Verizon is given you the run around. It is really not fair.

rtiffin
Novice

I agree  and felt the same when it was my account that was accessed by someone who was not authorized and was allowed to remove a line leaving me under a contract with a higher price plan.. in order to change meant entering into another contract which I am not sure I want to do at this time.