Highlighted

Fraudulent Purchases

I've had Verizon for many years and never had any issues but within the last few days I was charged two $99 Google Play purchases to my bill under my phone number. At the time I was sleeping..I woke up to texts from Verizon saying they were added to my bill. We have made purchases that way before but not this time. Looked under the app..no credits. Looked under Google History, surprise no purchases! Even took screenshots for evidence. 

The first call to customer service resulted in "we have to do more research and we will call you back". Waited 24 hours, no call back but got a text saying "sorry our call disconnected, we will try again soon". Really? Did live chat, told the same thing..wait 24 hours and call. Third call, finally got info: A zip code was used to verify purchases (I don't use that method..1 red flag), you'll have to dispute through the app or Google (how do I dispute charges that aren't there? Strike 2 Verizon), I can send you the info to show to your bank (has nothing to do with my bank it was a direct charge to my bill using MY phone number, strike 3!) Needless to say, I won't be getting that credited or removed so Verizon will not be getting my money for anything! I don't have any more questions for them and I don't care how petty this seems. I trusted you with my money and my personal information and you let this happen and say there's nothing you can do?!

Well there is something I can, I'm taking my business elsewhere. Sorry for the rant.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fraudulent Purchases

Customer Support

NiyaLeu, it breaks our heart to read that your taking your business elsewhere. We're here to help you with your account, and review these purchases. Please reply to our private note to better assist you.  

0 Likes