Highlighted

First responder commercial

Hagen33

Hi, I saw the Verizon Super Bowl commercial honoring first responders. Loved it btw. But that got me thinking, Is there any discounts available for the people doing this work. I asked a couple reps, and there is not. Wondering if that could be changed? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: First responder commercial

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Hagen33

Looks like my wife's corporate discount is better than my discount for being a firefighter... which doesn't sound right.

Ann154
Expert

Not surprising actually.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hagen33, thank you for your feedback on the Super Bowl commercial. We greatly appreciate the first responders and all the great work they do. Verizon provides discounts to corporate, government and education employees, along with services members and veterans. The first responders would be provided a qualifying discount under either the government or corporate categories depending on their employment. Here is a webpage that can be used to check eligibility and register for discounts.

http://vz.to/2EfiRQs

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Hagen33

Sounds good. Maybe next years Super Bowl commercial should thank corporations...

Trexwarrior

Meanwhile ATT is now offering 25% to first responders (police and fire) as well as discounts with direct TV etc.

Source: First Responders Discounts

Char1951

As a retired 911 Dispatcher I find it very hurtful that Verizon passed the 911 Dispatchers over as a first responders.  We are the FIRST first responders.  Don't they realize that we are the first contact the public has with ANY emergency response.  A good 911 dispatcher will mean the difference between life and death. Do they realize how many babies are safely delivered because a 911 dispatcher calmly talked a frantic father through the child birth while handling dispatching fire and rescue.  CPR over the phone? Yes, we have to know how to tell you how to do CPR to save your loved ones life.  Oh I could go on and on but why bother really.  Dispatchers work long hours and get garbage pay.  You think cops are underpaid, try sitting behind the black screen and try to calm a crazy person while answering 30 cops, fire trucks, ambulance drivers and on and on......     Next time you call 911 don't just scream "Send 5-0"   Try to show some respect!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

mervin0587
Novice

So has anyone succesfully gotten Wireless Priority Service and Mobile Broadband Priority added to their lines?  I finally got the WPS added, but Verizon can't seem to figure out how to add Mobile Broadband Priority to my smart phone.  I'm so frustrated after talking to several reps in various departments that I'm strongly considering switching to FirstNet like the rest of my department after being with Verizon since 2005.

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

Char1951,  I am a full-time Paramedic but I wanted to take a few minutes to respond to your post under this thread.  I agree with you 100% that dispatchers are THE FIRST first responders.  Thank you for the services you provided prior to retiring.  The duties of a 911 dispatcher are equally important and are just as stressful as the duties of a Paramedic/EMT, Firefighter, or Police Officer.  The duties of a 911 dispatcher has a direct impact on the outcome of a patient's life.  If anything, dispatchers have an even greater responsibility as most dispatch all agencies to calls they receive.  Again, just wanted to draw attention to your response.  Every piece of the puzzle must fit in order to serve and protect our communities.