Highlighted

First Responder

When I purchased my new phone in April of 2019, I was promised a $40.00 first responder discount, along with a $20.00 auto pay discount. Since April, I have had to call Verizon each month to get the first responder discount, and I am fed up with it. When I called for the September bill, the customer service representative told me that the new discount rate is only $25.00, and I no longer qualify for the $40.00. This is absurd, as the issue the issue is not my fault and the first responder discount still is not added onto my monthly bill. I have gone through every possible option with Verizon and no one knows what the problem is. I have been a loyal customer for about 15 years, but I am going to leave after this month if my issue of 6 plus months does not get resolved. I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue? 

Highlighted

Re: First Responder

Community Manager
Community Manager

Pufrat, we appreciate your loyalty to Verizon Wireless for the past 15+ years. Thank you so much for your commitment to protecting the local community. We value our first responders. We want to make sure that you get all the discounts that you deserve on the account. Were you able to complete the registration process online https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/first-responders-discounts-faqs/(Question #4)?

We also what to make sure that you're able to get your auto pay discount as well. With the auto pay discount, you would need to be set up on auto-pay with a debit card or checking account. This information can always be updated online through My Verizon https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ (Question #6). KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I also never received any discount after being told I was approved for one. I was advised that it might take a cycle or two to show so I waited. Now, months upon months later, still not even a penny of a discount. (I completed the online verification.) I have been a Verizon customer for at least 16 years as well as my family but I'm starting to wonder why. I can't even use my phone where I live if I'm not on WiFi. I know you posted this in October of last year but I would love to hear if you actually received some kind of help or decided to move to a different company. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, yes I finally began receiveing the discount after months of back a forth with Verizon. I was able to speak to a manager at the store for over an hour and the issue finally was resolved. Apparently they had me on the "wrong plan" this whole time and no one was able to figure out the issue. To be honest I still don't understand what the issue was but they reentered my credentials multiple times and finally the discount was added on, after they gave me money back in the form of credit. Good luck to you, it was a huge hassle, best bet is to just go to your local store and threaten to change companies if the issue persists, I was about to. 

0 Likes