Re: First Responder Plan

RyOShea

Good by verizon from a 10+ year customer. Switched to FirstNet. Amazing prices. Comparable service. $52 for everything vs $117.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Att also has the First responder plan which is for military, veteran and first responders  provides a deep discount off the unlimited plan.  Unlike the FirstNet plan which has coverage issues for some.

0 Likes

SHERRYC2001US

I received confirmation of my success in completing the verification process for First Responders but it would only apply to my first two lines, instead of all three.  Okay.  Even though, I was told through chat that if I switched to unlimited on all three lines, I would receive a 10.00 discount on each line, if I qualified.  The first month's bill arrives 364.87.  No discount.  I  email.  I call.  Nothing.  Second month's bill is here.  No discount.  Thanks Verizon.  I lost my 22% employee discount with the assistance of your chat representative.  Glad I qualified.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

It takes 2 to 3 months for At&t to add discounts also.  Post when you got it. 

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

I am frustrated as well, as i have also spoken to several representatives and nobody has been able to help, are you also able to private message me and get this resolved on my line?  I am strongly considering following the rest of my department in their switch to FirstNet.

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

So everyone, i received a private message from verizon customer support after they read this thread and literally the only thing it said was "thank you so much for your support and the care you provide".  And that helps me how?  Verizon, why even send a private message that offers no solution to the problem at hand?

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

Sounds exactly like the run around ive been getting for 3 weeks now, im so frustrated.

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

So has anyone been able to successfully add the Wireless Priority Service and Mobile Broadband Priority added to their account?  i finally have gotten the WPS added, but Verizon can't seem to figure out how to add Mobile Broadband Priority to my smart phone.  I'm so frustrated after talking to various reps in different departments that I'm considering switching to FirstNet like the rest of my department.  I've been with Verizon since 2005.

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

So here's a little update.  Recently, Verizon was finally able to add Wireless Priority Service to my line (after going through the whole process with the Department of Homeland Security), but now they are telling me they can't add Mobile Broadband Priority since I have Wireless Priority Service.  They are telling me I must choose between one or the other.  Both features are especially important during times of network congestion such as natural disasters, man-made disasters or acts of terroism, and events that bring in large numbers of users on the network.  FirstNet is offering priority voice AND priority data.  Verizon is giving you the choice of priority voice OR prioroty data, but both can't be added to the same smart phone.  What sense does that even make and what's the reasoning behind this?  I'm still getting the runaround and i'm still highly frustrated.  Of course I'm expecting yet another representative to private message me explaining how important my loyalty is to them and how important it is to them to get me on the correct discounted plan.  I'm not even asking for a discount or care about a discount, I care about having the priority features.  I have been so patient but my patience is running low.  I will make the switch to FirstNet soon if they can't figure out how to add both features to my account.  The rest of my departments have already made the switch.  Verizon is losing HUGE NUMBERS of users every single day to FirstNet but seem to be doing nothing to compete, meanwhile, their are ads all over television (especially on super bowl day, when everyone across the nation is watching tv) stating they are the number one dedicated network for first responders.  But by not offering priority voice and priority data, they are not holding true to their claims of being the number one dedicated network for first responders.  Furthremore, my employer discount was 22% off my bill.  The first responder discount I'm currently getting is only 15% because of the plan I'm on.  Not only did i switch discounts to a lower discount, but i'm not even getting the priority features I was told I would be getting after switching to a first responder discounted plan.  If they havne't figured it out by now, I'm wondering if they'll ever figure something out.  This thread has been going for over a year now.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mervin0587, thank you for your service. We truly appreciate your business and would hate to lose you as a customer. Over a year of issues is completely unacceptable, and we're here to turn this around. We understand the importance of being able to stay connected during emergencies, and that's why we put first responders first at no additional cost. We give you the choice between Wireless Priority Service and Verizon Mobile Broadband Priority because not everybody's needs are the same. If you have a smartphone and the need to use data, text, and voice during emergencies, we recommend you choose to stay with the Verizon Mobile Broadband Priority. Nowadays most smartphones do everything over the data network including calls and text. The Wireless Priority Service is for users who only need to make calls during emergencies. You can learn more about these services in the following link: https://enterprise.verizon.com/solutions/public-sector/public-safety/programs/first-responder-benefi....

We know the extra 7% discount is very valuable. If you change to your old plan, you can definitely get that extra discount. As you know, not all plans qualify for the employee discount. We'll be standing by in case you have any further questions.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes