Highlighted

Re: First Responder Plan

They told me that article was on there commercial website. And we are just private accounts.

I'm a paid firefighter and as far as I know not a single person in my department has a city provided cell phone. Some of the guys who work in inspections  get a cell phone allowance to pay for their privates phone. So no one in my city would qualify. We are a city of 200,000 so im not sure what percent of 1st responders are even helped by this.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I might make a new thread, Im a Crew captain and we are not issued phones from my department.

We use phones in so many aspect of the job from maps, to digital IAP, updates on complex assignment, etc. I think Verizon may need some more education on just what a first responder is. As there are 100's of departments that wont give every paid employee or volunteer a company issued phone. That dose not mean there personal/work phones are not used in the emergency responder capacity.

Highlighted

I work for a large fire dept. as well, and have to rely on my personal phone for many aspects of our job.  I spoke with a Verizon customer service representative earlier in Sept, and was told they they would contact me if/when they thought I would qualify for the new first responder plan.  I was also told they would call me with additional info two weeks from the date I spoke with the customer service representative, but I never did receive the call.  It appears to be a bait and switch from Verizon.  I switched to Verizon from Sprint many years ago due to absolutely abysmal customer service with Sprint.  For whatever reason, Verizon's customer service has also progressively went downhill from the time I signed up years ago.  I hate to do it, but I'll have to look at moving to AT & T for their new first responder plan if Verizon keeps stringing me along.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can you help me with the similar situation please thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s definitely important that you  have the right plan to meet your needs as a first responder, Bonafide87. I regret hearing that you have been having trouble getting the correct details regarding the options that are available for you. I wanted to help get you on the right track to getting the service you need in those times of need. You can check eligibility here: http://spr.ly/6585DNNpb

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

GARWARR1434, I would like to firstly thank you for your service and would never want to see you leave the Verizon family. Our goal is to make sure that we provide value to all of our customers. Can you please clarify what question you would like to be answered at this time?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks I followed the instruction for the Volunteer First Responder Program. Is there a different one for paid state or federal agency. Also the main question about building a specific plan for first responder, is that still in the works?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I dont think Verizon will offer a plan to help you out, even thought you volunteer in your community and spend countless hours training and responding emergency calls, Verizon is in the business to make money and they could careless about the hard working volunteers who rely on their phones for information

0 Likes
Highlighted

While I do volunteer for my local community, my career is that of a paid fire fighter (first responder). I was on the phone with Verizon for a while tonight and got some information pertaining to the first responder plan. What I found out was stated early in this thread by Leverichjm. Verizon did offer a "first responder plan" they would not specify when it was offered, but did tell me it was offered for 2 days.

Early in the conversion Verizon said "my account did not meet the internal qualifications for what they consider a first responder". Question for you "Verizon", if you looked up the top 5 largest fire department in the United State, would you consider any of them first responders? Wow!!! at this point I knew Leverichjm was right. After speaking with customer service for a while she offered to review my account again, and see if something has changed. After 20 mins I was told that I do qualify but my account wasn't post paid at the time the "first responder plan" was offered. So overall my wonderful month of dealing with Verizon accomplished:

1) Being told I had to switch to post paid for the "First Responder Plan"

2) Switching from prepaid to post paid for a plan that dose not exist anymore.

3) Bad experience with the porting of my phone number.

4) Signed up for some kind of phone protection plan without consent. (Verizon did fix that)

5)Went thought the employment verification process for a 15% discount, which dose not apply to my current plan.

6) And learned the basic response you get from Verizon "We will be happy to assist you with finding a plan that fits your needs"

If anyone cares to read this link: Verizon will give first responders new, actually unlimited data plan and priority access in wake of ...

Tell me how this quoted section below is true.

"We’ve been working closely with mission critical first responders to refine our service plan to better meet their unique needs. As a result, we’re introducing a new plan that will feature unlimited data, with no caps on mobile solutions and automatically includes priority access. We’ll provide full details when we introduce the plan next week, and we will make it easy to upgrade service at no additional cost."

To all the police, fire, and medical services, good luck and maybe one day there will be a plan for us.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Prepaid plans are already discounted. 

If you want the full benefit of a first responder plan, it WILL BE a postpaid plan.   (No matter what carrier).

Verizon has repeatedly posted a link to the sign up for the plan, have you used it?

0 Likes