Highlighted

Re: First Responder Plan

Leverichjm

I learned a few weeks ago that ATT offers an unlimited plan for first responders for $60. After hearing about this I called Verizon to see if they had something  comparable. Every person I talked to told me something different. I finally was told by the last person that there was a $60 first responders plan offered for two days. The plan was also only available to select customers. What kind of scheme is that. Hey here is a first responders package you have 2 days to join and you have to be selected. That to me sounds like they don't really want to help first responders out they just want to say a plan was offered.

Highlighted

jwmmr

I will have the guys? gals in my department look into it. They use their phones for a lot of first responder stuff. Verizon dont care they are making money hand over fist.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I must apologize for all of the confusion, Leverichjm. I would be very happy to help. Because this is account specific, I will send you a Private Message. We want to work together on this with you. Please check your mailbox.

Tina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

ANDSCH11

@Tina_VZW, what is account specific? Why can't the rules be posted for all to see if we qualify? Leverichjm's experience of getting different stories from each VZW rep is unfortunately the norm.

0 Likes
Highlighted

MES018

I'd like to know this too. I was just told about AT&T Firstnet and how easy it is to sign up. I plan on stopping by my local AT&T store during lunch today to get more info. With Verizon, everything seems to be a big secret.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Att FirstNet is getting mixed reviews from first responders.  Price is great, coverage has been a mixed bag.  If ATT is great in your area, it’s worth a try.   I would almost suggest testing on a cheap phone first. 

Remember you need band 29.   band 29 is dedicated for FirstNet.  You should get service on all bands, but to free up spectrum and never have any throttlin, band 29 is dedicated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

RWBFIREMAN

Can you please help me also......I have been trying to get a straight answer from Verizon about a First Responder discount for nearly 1.5 weeks about this.  I have 3 lines with Verizon and will be moving all to AT&T soon if I am unable to talk to someone who has a clue as to what they are doing and what program is available.   I have talked to nearly 15 different customer service reps and employee verification reps. I have received different instructions from everyone of them as to what to do to obtain the "new first responder discount" I have done everything that has been asked and still are not in the program.  I have never dealt with such POOR customer service from any company that is trying to retain customers.   My patients are totally gone I cant take another Company Rep. with no clue but lies or transfers me to another person with no clue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate your service as a first responder, RWBFIREMAN. We would never want you to leave the Verizon family. I understand your frustration with having to speak to so many representatives about your plan, so I want to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Please check your private messages so we can discuss your account in detail.

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Bonafide87

I am a first responder that switched after this years fire season. A program a lot for firefighters use is Avenza Maps. Durning the Carr fire in SHU my prepaid service was so throttled or congested I couldn't even download maps. I did some research and found this press release from Verizon:

Verizon will give first responders new, actually unlimited data plan and priority access in wake of ... 

So I switch from prepaid to post paid, and now everyone I talk to doesn't have any idea about this so called plan. So my question is: Is there any truth to the statement by Mike Majorana, Verizon Senior Vice President of Public Sector. More specifically this quoted part,

"As a result, we’re introducing a new plan that will feature unlimited data, with no caps on mobile solutions and automatically includes priority access. We’ll provide full details when we introduce the plan next week, and we will make it easy to upgrade service at no additional cost."

This was released Aug 25th and is now over a month later.

Thank you for you time.

0 Likes

GARWARR1434

Im growing tired of waiting on verizon to "find an answer" to this question. I've been with Verizon forever but I might swap and if they're really the last one to care about First Responders... where are you verizon?

0 Likes