First Responder Discount Not Applied

peej2019

In January, I added a line and spoke to the rep via phone who said I should change plans, etc., and that my existing employee discount through my employer would still apply, however, I should submit for the new First Responder Discount.  I assumed my existing employee discount was still in place and around first part of February I received a recertification email saying I needed to submit my employment info to recertify my existing discount.  So I did that.  I then also went ahead and applied for the First Responder Discount (which is the same discount % that I had with my employee discount program) and as of May's statement I still don't see any discount.  I have called, chatted, etc., and keep being told it takes 1-2 billing cycles.  Well it's been 4 billing cycles and still nothing. 

On the last chat, I was told my certification was validated as of 02/08/2019.  I would also argue that I already had my existing discount in place up until switching to the First Responder discount, so why am I not seeing either discount going all the way back to January?  Any others who have this long delay and unwillingness to apply the discount? It's getting frustrating and had I known, I would have added the new line to an ATT plan and would be receiving an even higher discount.  

0 Likes

Re: First Responder Discount Not Applied

peej2019

I also do not see my auto-pay discount?  I have been on auto-pay for as long as I can remember and it is a direct debit from my checking account.

Paper-free Billing FAQs

1. Do I get a discount on my bill for signing up with Auto Pay or paper-free billing?

Yes, with eligible plans, you can get a $5/month discount per phone line for using both Auto Pay and paper-free billing for your account billing.

You must sign up for Auto Pay with a debit card or a bank account (you can't use a credit card).

When you sign up for Auto Pay you're automatically enrolled in paper-free billing. However, signing up for paper-free billing doesn’t automatically enroll you in Auto Pay.

Learn more about Auto Pay. Or sign up now for Auto Pay and paper-free billing.

Justin210485

I Just had a chat with a rep regarding the same thing. I was told because I have an unlimited plan that I did not qualify for it. So livid right now. Verizon store manager assured me i would get the discount as i provided proof. 

bearone21
Leader

stop into a corporate store with your bonafides, that's how i had to get mil discount.

0 Likes

peej2019

Well then Verizon shouldn't release press releases that say otherwise:

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/now-first-responders-including-volunteers-and-retirees-can-get-dis...

Now first responders, including volunteers and retirees, can get discounts on their personal Verizon Unlimited plans
Media contact(s) 
Andrew Testa

First responders and retirees, including state and local police, fire, EMS can get Go Unlimited for $30 per month per line for four lines after $40 discount on their personal line

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand this is important for you, peej2019. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and I want to look into this further. I sent you a Private Message so we can look into this further and get a second opinion on this problem. I look forward to hearing back from you.

GersonG_VZW

Community Manager
Community Manager

Justin210485, we appreciate your services as a First Responder and I know how important it is to receive discounts on your account. I'm sorry to hear that you've received conflicting information from multiple representatives and I want to ensure that you have the right expectations going forward. Are you able to confirm the unlimited plan that you are subscribed to? Per our First Responder Discounts FAQ under item 1:

1. *Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited plans aren’t eligible for the first responder discount if you signed up for these plans before 6/18/18 https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/first-responders-discounts-faqs/#gid1

For your convenience, additional eligibility requirements are also included under item 1. Please note that you are more than welcome to take advantage of other discounts we offer, such as the Auto Pay and paper-free billing discount: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/#discount If you would like to register for this discount, please visit this page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/myverizon/paperless-billing.html Let us know if this information is helpful.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes

I don’t see my First Responder Discount on my account.  I’m an EMT. I also was told the one time  activation fee was going to be waved because I am a first responder and it wasn’t. I called and all that could be done was half off the fee... not happy. I’m a first time Verizon customer and thinking about dropping this service . Idk we shall see. 

0 Likes

jasong127

This is a constant problem ALL first responders are having with Verizon. I'm pretty sure Verizon looks at us as a joke but plays a different toon to the media releases.  I've been dealing with incompetent 'reps' since Feb 2019.  It's now Sep 2019 and still can't get it right.  

I get different stories every time I call.  The last time (last week) was on a recorded line.  I made sure I received all the reps permission right away.  That recording and all the emails are getting transcribed and sent to MSNBC and CNN along with their own press release about how much they 'value' us.  

Just be honest and tell us there's no discount.  Stop your lies.  PLEASE keep following this story.  It will be national very soon!