Highlighted

Fed up - I received 4 iPhone 7's but only wanted 2

This is a long, ugly story involving (essentially) Verizon incompetence on many layers, which has led to an enormous waste of my time.

Essentially we picked up two iPhone 7's while on a road trip, but Verizon set up the order so that the phones would be shipped to our home.  I was assured, and re-assured, that the order would be cancelled.  These assurances were valueless, and we received two more phones.  I still have them in the shipping boxes.

Initially Verizon insisted I couldn't possibly have two more iPhones -- how could our two cellular telephone lines be upgraded twice?  Then I was told that this was Apple's fault, not the fault of Verizon.  (I have had no direct dealings with Apple.)

I value my own time much more than Verizon does.  I don't want to waste more time on this fiasco.  I am happy, of course, to return the unwanted phones -- but want to do so by appointment with a manager (ideally a fairly senior manager).  I want the manager to have done their homework, and to reverse out the charges for the second phones.  And I want assurances -- in writing seems reasonable -- that there will be no further charges for the duplicated phones.

The Verizon telephone number found it incredible that I would ask for this.  The (in my view) arrogant supervisor, Jamal, insisted that I wait on the line while he called the store.  I explained to Jamal I'd already been on the phone for half and hour, and would appreciate the courtesy of being called back.  Jamal said that "we can handle this two ways" -- essentially his way, or no way.  Rather than tell Jamal what I thought of this idea, I simply hung up.

I'm in Honolulu, Hawaii -- this is a small island.  How do I find the Verizon District Manager and contact him or her?

Aloha

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fed up - I received 4 iPhone 7's but only wanted 2

Customer Support

We definitely want to get this corrected.  You can find the nearest store here:

http://spr.ly/65858G1zS

Make sure to click the box, Do not include Authorized Retailers.  That way you will only find our direct, corporate locations.

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

No, I am not eager to drop in to a store and hope someone can “fix” this.  Why should I be inconvenienced further – I did absolutely nothing wrong.  Zip.  Nada,  Zilch.

In June of this year our MiFi died (it was out of contract), so I went into the Verizon direct, corporate location near Ala Moana Center.  The gentleman who assisted me had literally just started with the company – that was his first day on the store floor.  It became clear that replacing a MiFi had not been part of his training.  Yes, we’ve all had “first days” and I wanted to be patient and supportive.  Yes, I really did.  But after half an hour I finally asked to speak with the store manager – to find he was greeting folks at the entrance to the store.  I suggested that the young lad could perform the maître d’ duties, and that the manager (or someone with some experience) could help me.

The manager, despite my wishes, said he wanted the young lad to continue to handle my request and that the manager would “support” him.  Typical Verizon, I’m afraid.  The heck with what the customer wants – we’re going to disregard that, and do it the Verizon way.

Anyway, to make a long and unpleasant story short, after almost an hour I had to leave to go and pick up my wife.  I came right back, as I said I would, and spent another half hour or so on the MiFi replacement.

We learned later – the first time we went to Canada – that the young lad (and manager?) had messed thing up and had forgotten the international roaming, etc.  In addition, the mail-in rebate never arrived.  So, like a fool, I went into the Verizon direct, corporate location in Lebanon, New Hampshire.  Another 45 minutes or so with the store manager, and she couldn’t sort it out.  She finally, reluctantly, gave me the telephone number of the District Manager.

I called the DM from the Walgreen’s parking lot (while Her Ladyship was doing whatever folks do in Walgreen).  The DM sorted things out in five minutes.  She was courteous, knowledgeable, and apologetic.  And, most importantly, she conclusively resolved the problem.  Done.

Roll forward to our unrelated problems of the four-instead-of-two.  So far one hour on Verizon chat (where the order was messed up – I have the copy of the chat if anyone gives a darn).  A visit to the store in Phoenix to pick up the phones – that weren’t there.  But they, miraculously, had two “spare” phones in the back.  Promises that the online orders would be cancelled.  Subsequent e-mail messages telling me the cancelled orders were getting ready to ship.  Another call to Verizon where I spoke with the very friendly Michelle (“Remember my name if you have any problems, it’s just like the First Lady.”)  Michelle promised me – crossed her heart and made pinkie pledges – that she’d cancelled the orders.  She would “watch” this herself.  And, anyway, there was no way that Verizon could upgrade one line twice in one week.  No way at all.  She told me I’d continue to receive e-mails about the orders – there was apparently no way to stop these – but I should disregard the messages as the nice Lady-with-the-same-name-as-the-First-Lady would watch over this and be sure that we wouldn’t get a second pair of iPhones.

And yet they arrived.

Then there was the unpleasant call with Jamal.  Let’s just say that if he was on my payroll he’d being going for further training . . . or be looking for employment elsewhere.

I am NOT going to waste more of time on this.  I want, as I said at the outset, to see a manager who can deal with this in the way that I’ve specified.  This does not seem unreasonable to me – but it would mean, in Verizon world, actually thinking, “Hey, this guy has been our customer for a long time.  Pays us an average of $500 per month.  Our competitors are circling customers like this – they’ll even pay to buy out his contract.  We’ve really mucked him about.  Perhaps it’s time to listen to him, and actually respect his valuable time and stop giving him a further run-around.”

I’ve done some further internet research, and it seems that Mark [Removed] is The Man here.

So, it’s simple.  Please ask Mark [Removed] to give me a call.

Mahalo,

Craig

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

I'm sorry about this entire situation walshc001.This is certainly not the experience we want a long time customer to receive at the store or over the phone. Your business is important to us and we don't want to ever lose it. I'm also sorry that you received extra phones that you didn't order after being told the order would be cancelled. This issue should have been fixed when you got the spare phones at the store. Lets make sure your account has no extra charges for those two devices. Where you able to ship the two phones back to our warehouse using the return labels that came with the phones? You can also try taking them to that store that provided you with the spare phones.

If you were able to send back the phones, what specific issues are you having on the account at the moment?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Ten days and the OP hasn't posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was able to speak with the Verizon District Manager in Hawaii - and he was suitably apologetic. We've been credited for the two unwanted phones, and (of course) we returned them unopened. This was a huge waste of my time, but it is now hopefully resolved.

0 Likes