Highlighted

Falsely Charged $50

I purchased an LG G3 and the tablet to go along with it at my local Verizon store on December 23rd, 2014 with a printed coupon from the Verizon website to get them for free. I would have just ordered them online, but the Verizon website was very glitchy and not working correctly. So I just decided to print the coupon and go to my local store. They were out of stock of both the phone and tablet, so they had to order them for me. They both came in fine, but I saw that they charged me $50 for the LG G3 phone, even though it was supposed to be free with my phone upgrade on my contract. How can I get my $50 back for my phone that was supposed to be free? This $50 was extra on top of the $30 upgrade fee. So instead of just the $30 for the upgrade, they charged me $80 total. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Falsely Charged $50

Novice

Hey

Sorry about the confusion, but just a couple of questions to clear this up for you.  Was there a rebate offered for device? And if so, did you get a rebate form with the device.

0 Likes
Highlighted

As MikeyWade suggested, the LG G3 has a $50 manufacture's mail-in rebate. You are charged up front for this, then using the FORM that should have been included in the box with your phone you mail in to get the $50 rebate back.

You should have been advised of this when you purchased the phone, but apparently the salesperson did not make this charge and subsequent rebate clear to you.

Highlighted

Go here: "www.verizonwireless.com/rebates" and FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS along with printing the rebate after you filled it out and dont forget to write down the tracking number it will assign for you. 

P.S. DO IT NOW as they only give 30 days from date of purchased to have it postmarked.