False advertising?

The website specifically states that the edge program will receive a 15 dollar discount for accounts 5 gb and lower and 25 dollar discount for accounts 6 gb and higher. Spoke with customer service who explained that they have been given the same information, but they can not give that discount because it is a typo. I am not sure if anyone else has been looking into this and realizes how long this has been advertised this way. They know that it is a typo but have not resolved the issue. They get away with it simply because they put in fine print that they are not responsible for typos.

THANKS for Wasting my time.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: False advertising?

ynggrsshppr91

There is no Typo. You can get the discount if you have a More Everything plan only, apply it yourself from the features page of your My Verizon

Message edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes

Since the post I received a message explaining that the information I was given was incorrect and I should go online and try it. I hadn't previously mentioned that this how it all started, online, and then called and spoke to CS who very politely told me they are liars.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

The normal charge for line access is $40 for a smartphone.  If you are on the Edge plan, or out of contract on More Everything,  then the line access fee is discounted, $15 for data plans <6GB, or $25 for 6GB and up.  It's not a typo, it should be on your plan automatically if you are on the Edge plan, and you can grab it by logging on to your account if your line is out of contract and eligible.

The rep may not be able to get it for you if you are out of contract, but YOU can.  Log on to your account and claim it.

you did look at the screen shot right?

0 Likes

MrZetec

I am having the same problem, the discount is only $15 dollars, rather it even says on this website $25, I have a 6 GB plan so the $25 discount should be applied

0 Likes

MrZetec

Untitled.png

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

It would make sense to apply the discount automatically, but it has not been the case in the past.

login to your account online and "change" your plan to the new 6 gb plan with the $25 per qualified line.  Seems redundant when you already have the 6 GB plan, but this is Verizon.....

0 Likes