Fake Letter from "Technical Support" 800-922-0204 - Appears to be Spam Attempt to get Verizon Pin and Verizon Customer information

tedarimoto

I received what looks like an official Verizon letter addressed to Account Number ending with my last four numbers indicating a third party had acquired the PIN for my account and may have attempted to use that PIN to access it...with lots of warnings and lots of possible frightening fall-out from the illegal access.  It gives 800-922-0204 (same as Technical Support spoof) as the custmer service number to discuss this violation...It does bother me that someone had my name, address and last four digits of my account number from Verizon.  Verizon should take action against this outfit.  I don't know who to call so I am posting to the community.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fake Letter from "Technical Support" 800-922-0204 - Appears to be Spam Attempt to get Verizon Pin and Verizon Customer information

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

How do you know the letter is a scam?  The number 800-922-0204 is a legitimate number to reach VzW Customer Support.  If the letter is like the one I received a week or so ago, it can be confirmed as legitimate if you have a copy of that letter in your My Verizon account under Bill > Documents & Receipts.  Once you've confirmed via your My Verizon account that the letter is legitimate, then I'd encourage you to do as the letter says and change your My Verizon password(s).

Re: Fake Letter from "Technical Support" 800-922-0204 - Appears to be Spam Attempt to get Verizon Pin and Verizon Customer information

tedarimoto

I double checked my Bill/Document files and there is no letter dated August 29, 2019, only letters dated August 23, 2019 or earlier...I don't have a problem changing my password to the Verizon website if that was the only change the letter recommended...the letter alleges any use of the texting-identity verification feature of verizon may have created a nightmare change on any of my secure devices...I want to know this is what Verizon is warning about before I go on a wild goose chase.

0 Likes

tedarimoto

All OK..Verizon criptic letter was real...machine locked my account and I appreciate the security check...sorry for alarm.

bearone21
Leader

i've had spoof phone calls from 800-922-0204 that wanted login/pw info because there was trouble on my account, when the phone worked well enough to get the phone call.

0 Likes