Highlighted

Extremely Unhappy with Verizon Wireless Customer Service

PETLAR2

First let me preface this by saying I have been long time customer of VZW since 1999 when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile. I have paid my bill every month which equates to thousands and thousands of dollars paid to this company. I have never really had a problem until now, but it is apparently one that they are unable/unwilling to solve. Worst of all, they refuse to give me any sort of customer service to get the problem fixed. The issue I am having has made me lose all faith in this company and I want out ASAP. So the story goes:

I was eligible for a phone upgrade and on 4/28 ordered a iPhone 7 Plus. It was supposed to arrive on 5/2 but I was notified by UPS (via their app) that it was delayed until 5/3. By 5/5 it still hadn't arrived and the tracking information showed it stalled in the neighboring state. The status then changed to "Exception" and the tracking information indicated the package was damaged and they were contacting the sender. On or about 5/6 I still hadn't heard anything so I contacted customer service via the online chat. They told me UPS was investigating and would be contacting me. Now I found that strange why I would have to deal with UPS at all and why they didn't just offer to overnight me a new phone.  But whatever.

A couple days later I still hadn't heard anything then I received an email telling me since I hadn't sent back my old phone my account was going to be charged. Mind you I hadn't even received the new phone and all I had was the old phone I was still using. I contacted customer service again and spoke with someone live. She told me because they hadn't received the damaged package from UPS my account was still showing that I owed them a phone. After speaking with her for 45 minutes and her putting me on hold several times to supposedly 'speak with her supervisor', she told me my account was fixed and I could just go to the local Verizon Wireless store and get the upgrade there.

A couple days later I went to the local VZW store but was told my account was ineligible for an upgrade because it showed I was supposed to turn in my phone. After explaining this whole story to the employee he contacted customer service, and again after sitting there for 45 minutes while he spoke to them, he said they fixed the problem but it may take a day for it to be reflected in the system. He suggest that I call back the next day to verify my account was fixed and then I could do the upgrade.

Two days later I attempted to call the store but somehow got redirected to the main customer service. I again related this whole story to him and he told me my account was all set and I could go to the store to do the upgrade. On my way to the store I decided to call them to make sure. The woman I spoke to there told me in fact my account was not fixed and that she had no idea why customer service told me I was all set. She basically told me there was nothing she could do in the store and I would have to call customer service.

Being in the midst of selling my house and buying another I really didn't have time for this [removed] so a couple more days went by... until I started getting automated phone calls from Verizon saying I had 2 days to return my phone or I would be charged. I immediately called customer service again and spoke with "Daneesha." I told her I didn't mean to be rude but I needed to speak to a supervisor because I had an issue that wasn't getting fixed. Instead of just transferring me to a supervisor she asked me what the problem was. I explained this WHOLE story yet again.. and she told me she would look into it. I also explained how unhappy I was with the service up to that point and that if I got off the phone with this issue still not fixed I would be changing carriers. After looking into the issue she told me that the problem was they still hadn't received the damaged package back from UPS and she would need to call them to find out why. I asked her why it was MY problem that UPS lost/damaged a package and that this in no way should be causing me to be harassed by Verizon. My account should have been fixed long ago. I should have been told "sorry about that" and ove-nighted a new phone. But instead (at this point) over three weeks later I am still receiving email, phone calls, and I haven't an upgrade, which mind you is the least of my concerns now. All "Daneesha" could say is that she understood but she would need to call UPS. When I asked to speak to a supervisor again she told me one wasn't available and I would get a callback in 24-48 hours. That was 5 days ago. She also said she couldn't give me a reference number for the call because they don't have them. Oh, also while I was on the phone with her call waiting was showing the same number calling that left the automated message about having 2 days to return my phone. And I had received several more emails from them regarding returning my old phone..... basically like an aggressive collection agency.

Basically no one appears to be able to help me... I have paid my bill to Verizon on time for almost 18 years and this is what they give to a loyal customer in return. Every person I speak to gives a me a different answer.. right now the tally is up to 6 different people between in the store and customer service. Again, this whole thing is over me ordering a phone upgrade, and UPS damaging it and it never getting to me. Its not like it's showing I received the phone and i'm claiming i didn't... it's not like me claiming I sent my old phone back and they haven't received it... I am basically powerless in this and no one seems willing to take the extra step and actually do something that will solve this.

Even if it is solved at this point I can't stand thinking about giving another dollar to Verizon for there "service." Hopefully someone within the company with power to do something and make me feel confident in their service again with read this. I would drop service now and switch carriers, but I know I would still be haunted by those emails and calls for my now messed up account.

So as of now it is going on 1 month without this issue being fixed....

Message was edited by: PL

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Extremely Unhappy with Verizon Wireless Customer Service

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow. I can see why you are so unhappy, PETLAR2. I see you have already put more than enough time and effort into getting this unfortunate situation with your phone order resolved but I don’t want to see you give up after all these years as our valued customer. I apologize that you continue to receive those pesky return notifications instead of your new phone. I am sending you a Private Message here in the forum so we can find a solution. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

PETLAR2

Jennifer,

Well I thought everything was finally squared away and back to normal... but apparently the saga continues. I just received an email from Verizon saying that they received the device I sent back but it was damaged and could not be accepted. The email says it includes a picture with arrows to the damage but the pictures aren't displaying. The email basically says the phone is being sent back to me and I have to pay for it.

Now I don't know if it referring to my actual old phone (iPhone 5s) that I sent back the same day I was able to upgrade or perhaps that original phone that was sent to me and damaged by UPS that started this whole thing.  If it's the latter, I hope that can quickly be taken care of. If it is referring my old phone, I have no idea what this damage is (especially since there is no picture). The phone was kept in a Lifeproof case the whole time I had it with a tempered glass screen protector. When I took it out of the case to send it back it looked brand new. I packed it in the original box, wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, and put it inside another box that I hand delivered to the FedEx store. Not two hours before that I was at my local Verizon store getting the upgrade and the employee there noted no problems with my phone.

So again, due to the lack of pictures I don't know what the issue is or what phone they are talking about. I gotta assume that it is a mix up again with the previous upgrade (iPhone 7 Plus) sent to me and damaged by UPS because the phone I sent back was like new.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Peter [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

KR2487

I just had a rude conversation with an agent today.  I had one of my lines ported out.  The process started 6/3/17.  The other carrier shows the port completed successfully.  But yet minutes are still being used on the Verizon account.  All verizon keeps telling me is that their was an issue with the port and "I" need to contact the other carrier.  Well I've already contacted the other carrier 2 times.  They show the port is completed.  But yet minutes STILL keep being used on the verizon account.   And verizon says their is nothing they can do.  So I made a comment that I guess if I cancel my verizon service I guess that would solve this whole problem.   The Verizon agent's comment is (and I quote)   "you do have that ability".       Real nice.  So what is Verizon sore now that I've taken 2 lines off my account.  So now I can be treated like a [Removed]? What about getting someone else to assist me that can make something happen.......    And I have an emailed copy of the chat conversation.

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

KR2487, I'm sorry to hear this, we never want our customers to leave or be treated this way. In order to resolve what is happening, please contact our Port Center at (888) 844-7095.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

smirky1983

I am having the exact same treatment from Verizon's customer service.  I upgraded back in December 2016 when my contract was up and I was eligible for an upgrade.  While upgrading I was assured by the local store agent that nothing would change.  Since my contract was up by billing and charges wouldn't go up and I paid over 200 dollars for the upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus.  After receiving my first bill it was higher about 20 dollars more.  I went into my store and they said it was a prorated amount that was a one time charge.  In Feb it was over $100 dollars.  I again went into the store and was treated very rude and said that it was just some other charges and after standing in the store for over an hour they couldn't actually explain what these said charges were.  When March rolled around I started to notice this charge for about $32.50 extra on my phone line.  I called customer service and asked about it and they told me that it's a charge for the device and it's a payment plan over 24 months for the retail price of the phone.  Umm WHAT?!  I explained to the girl on the phone that I never signed up for anything like that and gave her the agents name in the store that sold me the phone and that I was assured my $67 monthly charges wouldn't change.  Now our local store here used to be a Corporate store with great local people that the entire town knew and could go to them with any issue or problem and it would be fixed immediately.  Corporate came in shut down our store for almost a full week and brought in all these traveling sales agents that are rude, ignorant, and only take advantage people to get their commission.  My monthly bill is $98 a month for one line.  ONE LINE!  That's ridiculous. After calling customer service again and speaking with Donna in South Carolina she was sympathetic and said that she would get with her supervisor to see if there would be anything she can do to lower my bill and make it right.  She even verified a time to call me back after I was home from work and would be able to speak with them.  That phone call never came.

After speaking to online chat support they tried to send me a link to see where I had signed the form stating such charges....funny the link never did work and he was rude about it.   Again after calling in and asking to speak directly to a supervisor, who really aren't supervisor's they are really just glorified support staff, she was extremely rude put me on hold multiple times told me there was nothing she could do and I would just have to pay the price or pay $650 dollars for the full price of the phone.  I have the papers showing a zero device charge with my signature on it.  This is nothing but fraud I told her and she got very snippy with me and said I would just have to deal with it.  I ended up ending the call very upset.  I then contacted my local store and spoke to a guy who told me yeah yeah we have had alot of [Removed] people because of the shut down but we are all hays people now and your just going to have to deal with the charges and pay them.  Verizon let's their customer service and store employees talk to long outstanding customers that way?  I then contacted the closest corporate store near me which by the way is an hour and a half away and spoke with Bridget, their store manager. After explaining to her my situation she informed me she couldn't do anything because she isn't over my local store but she can get the information to Sarah, a girl who is over the retail agents in my area.  This was Memorial day weekend this year 2017.  It is now June and I still haven't gotten a phone call back and have been fighting and fighting this.  I am sick and tired of being used and taken advantage of by this company.  They don't care one bit about their customers and choose to not make things right.  I have since filed a complaint with the Kansas Attorney General's office and it's in their hands.  I have tried to file a complaint with Verizon itself but of course there isn't anywhere to do that except going to facebook or twitter.  Well how is one supposed to do that when they don't have social media accounts?  This company is such a disgrace and very sad.  I have never been treated so poorly but a companies customer service. I will be leaving after the Kansas Attorney gets finished with them.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

This is not the treatment you should have to go through Smirky1983.

I do apologize for the experience you had. I understand the importance of making sure that you get what you signed for. I would like to take a look at your account personally. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

smirky1983

Imagine this.......Another Verizon Wireless customer service person saying they want to look at my problem on June 20th and sent a private message asking for details regarding my account and here it is 4 days later June 24th and no word or response what so ever.  Just another reason to leave this worthless company and how they act like they will do something and then once again they prove us all right.  THEY DON'T DO A THING TO HELP.  Especially when they are in the wrong and they know it!!!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

FYI go where you please, but there are no more contract phone sales.  Customers now pay full retail on phones in installments if you choose.  Service is discounted.

0 Likes

smirky1983

I'm not stupid I know the plans. It's clear you don't understand the deception that put on me so good luck to you there mama23dogs

0 Likes