Extra texts in text message log

I was looking at my Verizon usage, text message logs and notice one number had 72 messages over a 4 day period. I did not recognize the phone number. When I looked on my phone, there was no history of these messages. I looked at the text message logs for the other line on my account and it had similar thing, but the number the texts were sent to and received from was a different number. Both numbers are listed as land lines, and when call say they are disconnected.

4 hours of calling, holding, being transferred... with Verizon tech support and I still have no answer. Anyone else had similar experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Extra texts in text message log

I have unlimited texts and they said I used all of my time,  and lowered my speed, now I cant get a real person to talk to me.. sad isn't it?'

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

they could be messages sent to your email address, i get a few.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Messages sent to which email address?? I have a personal email address, a gmail, and 2 work accounts. Never have any of the messages to any of these email accounts showed up in my text log.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Same with mine. But I have them figuring it out. From what the higher tier folks have found and may help you in your efforts to steer them in the right direction,

It is due to the random number coincidentally also being your "Mobile Identification Number". The MIN is internal Verizon. It is NOT anyone sending pictures and is something they are working on but don't know who all it affects so make sure not to stop contacting tech support until some tier 2 says yes we are tracking that issue.

Lee [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

On my account activity, it has picture/video messages going out to a google voice number They are at random times on various days. They are always exclusively listed as picture text send and respond. In the phone, there is no message of any kind to that number or from that number. It is my phone. I have exclusive access to it. It is passcoded. I am not sending anything. When you try to call the number Verizon it says cannot be completed as dialed. Does anyone know this number. Is it associated with an app that might be doing something in the background. Are there known apps that I can see if they are doing this. They are exclusively titled as picture/video. Not one regular message.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We know how important it is for your usage to appear correct on your account. To ensure that we're onthe same page. Are you seeing these text message logs under your line, or a different number on your account?

EllisandraC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are always here to help with your concerns. Being able to text friends and family is important, Johnwic37. To clarify, are you stating that you are unable to text or use your data services on your phone? If you have gone over your data speeds before being prioritized this may be the issue you are having. However, with your text messages you should still be able to send texts as needed with your unlimited plan. Please clarify your concerns to better assist. 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Covid19