Highlighted

Expired Rebate

I purchased 2 Samsung S7 phones on 3/18/16 under the S7-Promo (buy one get one free).  After thinking I had done everything correctly to receive my rebate I waited a little more than the 6-8 weeks it stated for processing before checking into the matter.  After waiting for 14+ weeks I started inquiring with Verizon Rebates regarding the status and was told that they have no record of the request and (in short) since it was past 30 days since I purchased the phone there was nothing they could do and I was not eligible for the rebate. 

Has anyone had this issue, and if so were you able to actually get your refund?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Expired Rebate

Customer Support

I definitely understand wanting to get that taken care of. You'll want to call our rebate center at 18004570864. I'm confident they'll be able to provide you with an expedient resolution.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

We also bought the 2-S7's under the 2-for-1 plan...  in March (2016), and the claim has been submitted, and re-submitted, 3-times now.  Each time the (Rebate Center) Rep told us it was 'All okay now'... only to get an  'INVALID'  notice a few weeks later. This has been going on for 4-MONTHS!   Meanwhile, we're paying for BOTH phones, each month.  I'm about to take them into the Verizon store...  dump them on the counter..  and go find a different carrier, that can get their act together!  Paul

Highlighted

Leader

Aand yet still be resposible  the montly payments and the hit to your credit score'

Highlighted

Customer Support

MAJORDAD14, we'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless Family. I want to make sure that you get the promotion that was offered at the time of getting the phones. When you get the notice that it was 'Invalid' does it give you a reason as to why it didn't go through? You can always chat, e-mail or call the rebate center for further information. Check out this link for the direct contact information: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/contact/

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have had the same issue. Getting nowhere. Verizon needs to be held accountable!

Highlighted

Verizon most definitely is making life as difficult as possible for customers to ever receive their rebates. It is unfortunate that they have gotten away with it for so long. They definitely need to be held accountable. Complaints to consumer protection organizations, exposure to the media, and anything else that help expose their fraudulent and underhanded marketing tactics are all useful, but maybe, based on the number of complaints and lack of any clear resolution, we have enough issues for a class action law suit that will force Verizon to meet theri financial responsibilities, or if nothing else punish them a little. See my issues at More rebate problems. No way its an accident!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Verizon=fraud,

I’m disappointed to learn that your rebate concerns have not been resolved. We strive to always resolve all of your concerns right away. This is not the experience we want you to have and I will be happy to help address this. Have you contacted our Rebate Center by calling 800-457-0864? If so, what was advised to you?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

II am disappointed as well, I really don't like to lose ~$750.  I have called the 1-800 number and it is just a phone tree.  The only information I could get out of it was "how to submit" with timelines.  That was a completely useless avenue in trying to get it resolved.  I've also tried emailing the support team, and was told basically "it's too late to try to resubmit because your purchase was more than 30 days ago".  That tells me that if there is something wrong with the submission (on either side) and you don't get a notification, thus waiting for the expected rebate time to arrive you are completely out of luck.

I have to say this is a lessons learned for me.  I will not purchase another phone from Verizon and am actually looking at other carriers.  After having been a customer for over 15 years it's sad to think I'll  have to do this.  But at least I can keep my number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

UUnless your account gets suspended for non payment. The number doesnt belong to

you it belongs to the carrier. Aldo

innsome markets number porting is not allowed. Therefore you may wanna rethink this whole I can port my number thing.

0 Likes