Highlighted

Exchange an iPhone 6 for a different color

msterling2012

I received my iPhone 6 today, I ordered the wrong color when it was released for preorder.  I called customer service numerous times to try and cancel but they said it was too late because it already shipped (with delayed delivery).  I was told that once I receive the phone I could take it to the store and exchange it for the color I want without a restocking fee if left unopened.  I just called a store and they said they would charge the $35 restocking fee even if it's not opened.  Now I can't get a hold of customer service because they are slammed by iPhone 6 calls.  Can anybody tell me if there's a way to get the restocking fee waived?  Again, customer service was unable to help me cancel the order and told me to accept the delivery first.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Exchange an iPhone 6 for a different color

Community Manager
Community Manager

msterling2012, we're so excited about your upgrade to a new iPhone 6! We can waive the restocking fee when delivery is refused and the device is shipped back to our warehouse. However, I apologize that we're unable to waive the restocking fee when delivery accepted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

msterling2012, we're so excited about your upgrade to a new iPhone 6! We can waive the restocking fee when delivery is refused and the device is shipped back to our warehouse. However, I apologize that we're unable to waive the restocking fee when delivery accepted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

LRC59

I have the same issue... I'm not as worried about the restocking fee as I am not being able to get to get the phone I want for another 4 weeks. Most all stores are sold out which makes it impossible to exchange and I am being told if I order another one online, it will be 4 weeks or longer until it's delivered.

I am looking to switch a silver 64 for a dark grey 64.

0 Likes

msterling2012

LRC59, that's funny.  I'm looking to exchange my Dark Gray 64 GB for the Silver 64 GB iPhone 6.

0 Likes