Exception for Unlimited Plan on Mastercard promo?

Joseph14

I switched to Verizon in December and ported over 5 lines from ATT. At the time they were running a promo for Buy one get one on Iphones and an additional $200 gift card for every line ported from a competitor with activation of a new unlimited line on Verizon.(The lines with Verizon also had to be active for 45 days before the cards would be sent)

I qualified for all promos and activated the phones, submitted the promotional codes for the gift cards and then found out that my employer offered an additional discount of 17% off the service. 30 days into my time with Verizon they(verizon) advised me to switch my lines from unlimited to a capped family plan to qualify for my employer's discount. I asked the representative at the time if all my existing promotions would continue with the switch and received a confirmation that I would still have the gift cards and BOGO in addition to my employer discount.

Come to find out that switching the plan nullified my eligibility for the $800 in gift cards and even though some kind Verizon employees retro-actively changed my plan back to the unlimited and called the rebate center on my behalf, the rebate center still refuses to issue the gift cards. 

Does anyone else have ideas on how to proceed? Even customer care called the rebate center and explained that I had not intended to violate their rules, and even then, had attempted to fix it with the help of other Verizon employees who were acting in my best interests.

Verizon employees have been nothing but amazing, the rebate center has been rude and condescending. The difference in professionalism and general willingness to help was appalling.

Any ideas?

0 Likes