Highlighted

Equipment charges?

Rinisama

Why am I being charged $32? It days the charge is for buying equipment but I've only bought it once and I already paid for the item so what is this charge for?

Also I'm being charged a late fee but I was told by an employee at Verizon that so long as I paid the regular billing price and pay the rest before the month was up there wouldn't be a problem....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Equipment charges?

Community Manager
Community Manager

No one likes surprises with their bill Rinisama. We always want to ensure you fully understand your charges. Did you recently purchase a new phone using our device payment plan? That would likely be the equipment charge on your account. If you had bought any accessories for your devices, that could have been the equipment charge as well. When you log into your My Verizon account online, you will be able to go to Documents and Receipts to view the purchase. In regards to the late fee, anytime you don’t pay your account balance in full before your due date, you are subject to a late fee on your account. You can view your bill and payment history right from your My Verizon account online as well.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

BrownSugar67
Novice

You need to contact customer service good luck

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Anytime you have a bill that is not paid in full by the due date, there is a late fee on the remaining balance.  What was the item you purchased?  Was this item a one-time paid in full device or device payment plan item?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

No one likes surprises with their bill Rinisama. We always want to ensure you fully understand your charges. Did you recently purchase a new phone using our device payment plan? That would likely be the equipment charge on your account. If you had bought any accessories for your devices, that could have been the equipment charge as well. When you log into your My Verizon account online, you will be able to go to Documents and Receipts to view the purchase. In regards to the late fee, anytime you don’t pay your account balance in full before your due date, you are subject to a late fee on your account. You can view your bill and payment history right from your My Verizon account online as well.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Rinisama

I bought a phone and some equipment on Sept 20th and my last bill was

higher do to that. But I was told it would go back to normal after that. I

haven't bought anything else since then so why am I being charged again?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rinisama,

We don’t want charges on your bill to a mystery, let’s keep working to get this figured out. What is the actual charge that you are seeing on the account? Does it list an “Equipment Purchase” or does it show “Device Installments” ?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Rinisama

It just says 'Equipment Charges' it doesn't yell me anything else.

On Nov 24, 2015 8:10 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rinisama,
We want to see this mystery solved, thanks for getting back to us with that info. Let’s dive into your bill a bit more. Each line of service will have a breakdown of its specific charges, this will help us figure out what that charge is for. If looking at the paper statement, which is also available online when you click the “View & Print” option, you can see a more detailed breakdown of what “Equipment Charges” are showing. Please advise what the breakdown shows.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Rinisama

It says Device Payment Agreement, but the lady who sold me the phone told

me that the $424 was for the phone. So I don't understand what's happening.

On Nov 27, 2015 8:20 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes

fernandobot

did you pay $424 in store when you received the device?

0 Likes