Highlighted

EdgeUp and I got charged the remainder balance

tanjimN

I edged up back in November 2014 and I was charged the remainder balance right away. I returned the device within 14 days to their Texas warehouse and they received it. I have been fighting this for months so far. The customer reps stated that the device is in the warehouse (they looked it up with the IMEI number and the USPS tracking number), but they are processing it. Due to the holiday season, the backlog in the warehouse is huge.

Long story short, after spending at least half an hour every single time with a rep explaining what's going on, I was given the runaround that someone will look into this and fix it. In the mean time, I need to call Financial Services every month to put my account on hold to not get disconnected because it's past due by $325 and I am waiting on a credit.

Why do I need to go through SO MUCH trouble to get a credit for an amount that was never supposed to be charged. I could have sold my Iphone 5S that I edged up and paid off the $325 instead of Edging up. I have multiple Edge lines but this was the first one that I edged up.

Last Saturday, I was issued a credit that was supposed to post to my account right away. 10 hours later I call back and I spoke to an extremely rude Supervisor Anthony from the Chicago customer service area. They said the rep was wrong and they couldn't do anything about it.

I spent hours on the phone and I finally go to a Verizon Wireless store. The General Manager David in US19, St Pete, FL, was extremely helpful and he tried sending in a feedback form to that credit request to get it expedited. There is a business case open and I was supposed to get a call back from an agent who never called me back. David stated that it may take sometime but someone will approve my $325 credit as its in the system and he had no power of approving it. It was the manager or the higher ups of that customer service department that issued the credit.

This is getting ridiculous at this point.

I have 9 phone lines with Verizon with 4/5 of them on Edge and a 40GB plan. I can't believe that I am being treated like this and that it takes months to fix an issue that Verizon's system caused.

My account is still in past due for $325 and the credit is still pending. I bet they would have been happier if I took my 9 lines over to another carrier who would appreciate my business more.

Please help me Verizon as I am still willing to work with you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: EdgeUp and I got charged the remainder balance

MikeyWade
Novice

Did you get any warranty replacements or insurance replacement on that particular device?  Also were you sent any emails regarding the charge, or that vzw received the incorrect device?

0 Likes

tanjimN

The same device that Verizon had shipped out to me.

I had not received an incorrect device or device not received message or anything like that.

According to the GM of the Verizon corporate store, they had received notification from Verizon stating that they were fixing such an issue where customers were being incorrectly charged for Edge Up and that they are working on a fix and not to worry about it.

If you look through the forums, there are other people with the same issue.

0 Likes

MikeyWade
Novice

Yea, I know there were issues but normally only when it's an indirect location.  I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

0 Likes