Highlighted

Edge discount wrong

I am trying to get my account to reflect the $15 Edge discount, right now it is only showing $10. I've gotten conflicting information from two customer service reps. I see no exclusions for the single line plan I have, so why am I getting misinformation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Edge discount wrong

zellerandy

custoemr service needs to change the promo.  It is suppose to be 15

0 Likes

jenndm67

Their advertisement says if we are already on the Plan then we will automatically receive this discount. I've contacted them about this too and told it takes "a few billing cycles to be reflected", well it still hasn't been. And why should it take so long to be applied? Do we get a credit for the missed months? I doubt it...I will try going into the store next and find out why it's not reflected. I went on this program being told my Corporate discount would apply only to find out it doesn't. The whole point of going to single line and Edge was to get a cheaper rate and that didn't happen because I was told wrong information. So why is it that all newpeople get $5 less on their bill?

0 Likes

brando8998
Novice

So when you try to change it online via Features section what notification do you get?

0 Likes

jenndm67

I get a message saying I can't change my plan that it isn't available anymore.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

jenndm67, I want to make sure that you are getting the proper discounts on your account. What plan do you currently have with us? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

NOVA25

I've been dealing with the same issue for a while. I have a single line plan - unlimited talk/text/1GB data - and am being told I do not qualify for the $15.00 EDGE discount. I am currently receiving a $10.00 monthly discount. After numerous phone calls, I was informed that I do not qualify for the $15.00 discount since I am on a loyalty single line plan. On verizonwireless.com it does not state single lines are excluded from the $15.00 discount. In fact the Verizon wireless website states the below:

-- I'm on a Verizon Edge agreement now, what do I have to do to get the $15 monthly discount?

If you're already under an existing Edge agreement on a single line plan, you'll automatically receive the $15monthly discount. You don't have to do a thing. --

Dealing with Verizon customer service is so frustrating that I'm looking into T-Mobile service. If single lines are excluded then Verizon needs to update their website to reflect this fact.

0 Likes

You are getting conflicting information because the left hand in Verizon does not know what the right hand is doing. Information will vary from one rep to another. This has been my experience.

NOVA25

I've spoken to 8 or so different customer reps. and some have credited my account for the $5.00. I've had to call every month to get this credit and it's frustrating. I'm starting to think the only way to fix this is, to leave Verizon to not deal with the issue anymore.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NOVA25!

We definitely don't want to lose you over this! I'd be happy to look into the details for you. I've sent you a message in the forums so we can get it worked out.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes