Highlighted

Edge and ETF's?

carvi0521

I have been reading the different forums regarding the edge program and the ETF's, I was wondering if they are or are not tacking them on? I have talked to customer service regarding cancelling my plan with Verizon after a long history together, but I havent been given a straight answer as to if I will pay any ETF's or not? How can I find out the correct answer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Edge and ETF's?

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

You will have to pay off the EDGE agreement. If you were under contract and that had not expired while you went on EDGE and it didn't expire then there will be an ETF.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

IF you were to Early Edge upgrade you would turn in your current phone, that counts as the ETF.  If you were to go to the Edge plan after contract expiration, then there are no ETFs on the contract, and the Edge plan has no ETF, per se, only that you pay off the phone if you cancel.

0 Likes

carvi0521

I am wanting to cancel my services with Verizon and I am on the edge

program. If i cancel it are there EFT's involved? I am only asking because

I want to make sure I have the correct information when I call this

afternoon to cancel.

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

You will have to pay off the EDGE agreement. If you were under contract and that had not expired while you went on EDGE and it didn't expire then there will be an ETF.

View solution in original post

carvi0521

I edged up in January of 2014 originally, my contract was up in June of 2014. In September of 2014 I edged up again due to a phone that didnt get reception where I lived. Now I want to cancel services I just do not want anymore charges than necessary.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

At this point you only have the phone payoff amount.

Community Manager
Community Manager

carvi0521, we don't want to lose you. I'm confident that we can work this out. Why are you wanting to cancel services?

Should you cancel services prior completing your Edge loan agreement, you will be responsible for the remaining balance of that loan agreement for the device. However, you will not be billed the Early Termination fee, as well. For more details regarding how Edge works, click http://vz.to/18hFNL6

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

carvi0521

I just spoke with somone at verizon regarding this issue, apparantly when

they change your plan to reduce costs or data services or anything they put

you on a contract. So to get out of my now "contract" i have to pay an ETF

of $175 plus the cost of my phone.. This is why I am leaving Verizon, too

many "hidden" fees and contracts when your shouldnt be in them. All is

well, I will pay my ETF and change carriers, but that is what is happening

to the Edge customers, your account gets changed and that puts that plan,

not the phone, on a contract.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

That isn't true...

I move my plan up and down multiple times and I am still off contract.  The only time there is a contract involved is often if you take a PROMOTIONAL plan or some type of discount outside of the month to month or EDGE discount.  Student discount or employee discount for example(ALL carriers make you sign a contract for these.  Often most people don't see this because they generally do it at the start of a contract not during a contract, or at the end of a contract).

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

I just lowered my plan from one package to another and nothing changed other than saving some money.  My contract date stayed the same.  As far as Edge goes, while there is no contract, the payments on the phone are set up for 2 years...yeah you can pay it off early or go the whole way, but in the end its basically a 2 year contract.  Hope you have all the best with what sounds like AT&T or Sprint.

0 Likes