Highlighted

Edge Up FAIL Cost Me Thousands

Explain this, massive company that prides itself on customer care:

I Edged Up on Friday, explaining how important it was that I get the new device before Monday so I could start a new job with a new client.  My current 4s is not sufficient as it no longer connects to WiFi or Bluetooth.  I needed a 4G phone with WiFi and Bluetooth, with a large display.  I was approved to Edge up with the iPhone 6 Plus and I paid $19.95 to get it by 12 noon on Saturday.  I was told by your customer service rep that I would, that it shipped while we where talking and that all was good.  I was not told that I needed to wait for an email to accept a new service agreement before it shipped.

FAIL 1

I just happened to check my personal email after work and noticed the email to accept terms before shipping.  I called customer care right away.  I was told that I accepted the terms too late for Saturday shipping but would definitely have the device Monday.   I asked can I pick up in store on Saturday so I don't lose this client.  I was told NO that not possible.  I called client and explained and got a new start date of Tuesday morning.

FAIL 2

Monday checked online and notice my order was still in the status of processing.  I called Verizon and was told it did not ship yet but no worries I'll have it Wednesday.  Huge worries!  I need the phone for work.  I asked if I could get phone in closest store (more than 1 hour away) and was told NO.  I called back and worked with a supervisor begging her to do the right thing and get me this phone so I don't lose this client.  She called the Verizon store and the manager at the store agreed to have a phone there for me to pick up at 1pm on Tuesday.

FAIL 3

Drove 1 hr to store to pick up phone.  It was there with my name but the manager would not let me leave with it until my edge agreement was removed so it could be done in the store.  Corporate said a form had to be mailed in which takes 2 days.  Even your store manager could not work with Verizon customer care.  I was told sorry but nothing can be done.  Drove an hour home with no phone.

FAIL 4

Called client to explain situation.  Lost the job.  $100/hr job lost.  Thank you for that and your many promises and guarantees made by under trained or uncaring employees.  I spent numerous hours on the phone, drove 2.5 hours round trip, and lost thousands, and from you I get a "So sorry" and my overnight shipping refunded.  That's too awesome!  

Nice to know that such a powerful company that claims to have the best customer service in the industry can care so little about it's customers that it can know what the right thing to do is, but refuse to do it.

I'm considering an attorney.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Edge Up FAIL Cost Me Thousands

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

When you work for yourself, it's a 24/7 job.  Not the case for shipping department, billing department and retail stores.  Shipping and billing have weekends off and they all close at night. 

IF it were that critical, you should have gone to a retail store on Friday night and purchased a phone. 

No where in your customer agreement are you assured you will get a phone in 24 hours or less when you order online.  Especially if you order iphone 6 or 6+ which are in high demand.   Online orders are subject to credit verification, another cause for delay in order processing.  There is no breach of contract, so save your money on the lawyer.

Do you work for Verizon (mama23dogs)?  If I could see around corners I would have made the 2 hour round trip and spend an hour in the store on Friday.  But when I pay for guaranteed delivery by 12 noon Saturday and I told it was shipped, that was deception on the part of Customer Care.  Then to be told again Monday it's shipped and will be there Tuesday is again deceptive and wrong on the side of Verizon.  It's Wednesday and I still have no phone.  That's a long damn weekend for overnight shipping.   The point of my original thread was Verizon customer care is inconsitent, deceptive, and cannot work with their stores.  They make false promises!  It's easy to say what I should have done after the facts.  Heck "I should have added a line".  I should have called mama23dogs at her 800 line for advice up front.  Thanks mama!

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

justanothernumber wrote:

I'm considering an attorney.

For what? The overnight shipping charges you have already been credited? That would be ALL you would be due. Any attorney would tell you the same.

I'm sure you're all right about an attorney being a waste of time.  It's quite obvious that Verizon and it's employees, especially those employees who read this and ignore the fact that I was screwed over because several people at Verizon did NOT do their job correctly, care less about true customer service and doing the right thing.  They spend more time defending themselves and shifting blame.  How about some integrity and taking this bad situation and trying even to slightly make it better.  Not even a phone call from a person saying "Hey we messed up over and over and we are sorry and we'd like to offer you something for your troubles."? That would be customer care.  Just saying sorry each phone call that I made and pointing the finger at other Verizon employees to justify the wrong doing IS NOT customer care!   You too must work for Verizon in some capacity...

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
The situation you encountered is very frustrating. We definitely apologize for the issues with the order, shipment and time consumed trying to get this resolved. It is very important to have a working phone, especially when it comes to work. What was the issue with the iPhone 4s that you couldn't use it for work? Please let us know how we can help make this a better experience.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes

This issue with the 4s is the same I'd explained when ordering the 6 plus.  My current iPhone 4 s will not connect to WiFi or Bluetooth any longer.  It's also just 3G.  I'm a software developer / consultant and the client required I have a good connection (4G or better like WiFi hot spots) while on the road.  I could tether, via USB my 3G phone and suck up tons of data and work on a slow network that at times drops,but this was not good enough for the client.  That's why I was upgrading to 4G right away.  If my device could have at least connected to WiFi I would have started anyways, at risk, and tried to make certain I was at a business (coffee shop or hotel) offering WiFi while working.  I considered filing my total protection claim and getting a new device but that would have taken longer than what I was told it would take to get the 6 plus shipped overnight and I wouldn't then later have to upgrade anyways.  Was trying to save time and money.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

I love how when posters don't "hear" what they want from other posters they automatically say they must work for verizon. Hilarious.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

For a critical item like that you should just find a store with an IP6 Plus and get it in your cold hands right away. You have to look at chance of success and how many things can go wrong. There are too many possibilities with online deivery to allow a mission critical need to depend on it when hours count

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

justanothernumber

I work for myself (Verizon employees are clearly identified).  I run my business from my phone and can't live without it.  In fact, I have a backup that uses the same sim card, just in case.

My clients would no more accept "the cell company's at fault", than yours did.  Nor would I use that as an excuse.  taking chances with shipping ?  Nope.  Not if hundreds of dollars in business were at stake.