Highlighted

Edge Program - Beware

I was recently convinced to go to the Edge Program. WORST DECISSION EVER! The salesman failed to tell me I needed to return my old device. Verizon emailed me asking me to return it.  I called and was told they would send me the materials to return it but all I received was a bag.  I called again and the exact same thing happened.  I called a third time and was told I had to go to the store and get the shipping materials to return it. So I did and sent in the device.  The device was then returned to me and I was billed $374 for the old phone.  It was rejected because it had been more than 45 days.  This was a mistake made by the salesman, then the Verizon customer service not once but 3 times! Now I am being punished for it.  As soon as my other contracts are up I will be switching carriers.  I have been with Verizon for many years now. I expect to be treated with the loyalty I have given them. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Edge Program - Beware

You did Early Edge, not Edge. I see you didn't read the terms and conditions you signed. Make sure you do that with your new carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I expect the salesman to be thorough with me. I also expect that if I call customer service to get the correct answer the very FIRST time! Had the sales associate given me the return materials as he was supposed to as part of his job or even customer service  told me the first time that I called that I had to get the return materials from the store all of this would have been avoided! Its all about the $$$$  I see you didn't completely read my discussion!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes I did completely read your post. If you read your terms and conditions which is not the job of anyone to read to you, then you wouldn't be in this boat. ATT, Sprint,Tmobile, and US Cellular won't read you those terms and conditions either.

0 Likes
Highlighted

But it's the PRINCIPLE! The PRINCIPLE, I TELL YA!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The principle is that no one looks out for you except you. Read and understand what you are agreeing to. This person received email to return the phone, yet took 45 DAYS to comply. Even if I would have missed the terms, that first email would have raised my antennae and made me read what I signed. There it would have been clear. This is a perfect example of someone just believing problems will go away and blaming others.