Highlighted

Edge Plan Question

I am on the Edge plan and I am available for a upgrade. Can I buy a phone with the two year contract and still be on the edge plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Edge Plan Question

Expert

No. The Edge program is a payment contract and not a service plan. You can't have a subsidized two year contract priced phone and the Edge payment option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

No. The Edge program is a payment contract and not a service plan. You can't have a subsidized two year contract priced phone and the Edge payment option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I have never heard of this, unless you mean on 2 separate lines.

I would think if a line is currently making Edge payments, it would not be eligible for a discounted upgrade UNTIL all Edge payments had been completed. Even if it were eligible for a discounted upgrade, you would lose the Edge discount simply by being under contract for that line. I doubt this could possibly be an option, though.

If you mean that you have more than one line and one is on Edge and the other is eligible for a discounted phone upgrade, then yes that is possible. You can have any combination of Edge/contract on multiple lines on an account. The lines under contract would not be receiving any discount on the Line Access fees, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I have just thought of one more possibility to which you may be referring.

Do you mean you are eligible to upgrade via Edge Up??? If so, you would not be eligible for a discounted upgrade unless you paid off the Edge agreement in full. To Edge Up, you must purchase another Edge phone(full price) and return your current Edge phone in good working order without any physical damage since you have not yet completed all of your Edge payments.Smiley Happy

0 Likes