Dropped Calls or Breaking up Calls

I  know there are previous threads but wanted to start a new one.  We've been loyal verizon customers.  When we moved to Hendersonville, NC we kept Verizon and added two extenders to our home to ensure full in house coverage. It worked great!

We started having issues early in 2020 (Jan/Feb) but not bad. But in April, all bets are off. All cell calls drop instantly or if get through we have choppy broken up calls that are undeciperable OR if able to talk it sounds like the old international calls with huge time lags between sentences.

I  have called verizon repeatedly  and been escalated to tier two or three network resolution. We've tried wifi calling (same problems), we've reset the extenders, they recently checked their towers and sent a canned video telling us we have poor signals (which we haven't had for five years just 2020 - so what the heck Verizon did you change or do????) And the video then encouraged us to use wifi calling or network extenders.  Geez - already did that.  All of this is after hours on the LANDLINE (cause of course can't call on my cell) to get no help, no resolution. So paying for cell phones that can't work in our home and during covid working from home we've both lost the ability to use our phones.  

We've had to resort to the old fashioned LANDLINE and guess what - added a second line with ATT cause VERIZON has FAILED.  We aren't alone in this - our neighbors have complained as well.

Fix your towers, your signals your service.  I  might as well use my cellphone as a paperweight for all the good it is doing. 

OH and the other issue - when I  call back - I  will have to start at the beginning again since they don't issue a trouble ticket, do any follow up or find a way to keep managing this issue. 

Shame on you Verizon.

Re: Dropped Calls or Breaking up Calls

So the saga continues. Verizon has ordered two trouble tickets to check signal. Both times I've recieved a video (canned) same one both times telling me signal in our area is low and to add extenders (have two already) or use wifi calling. NO HELP!

So I  go online to Verizon chat - and receive the run around about how much they want to help me but no answers.  Finally, says there is a trouble ticket (duh?!?) and that I  need to wait to see if that resolves my issue and to call back in a couple of days if it doesn't.  

I  ask you - I  have to keep calling, no answers, chat no answers and canned responses but NO FIX.

What have you done to the Verizon we loved? This is ridiculous. You need to step up and take care of your loyal customers and get them service. Especially during Covid.

Customer Support

We want to thank you for your loyalty, and we will do everything we can to restore your trust in us. Something had to have changed for this to happen. Let's look into this a little further. We have sent you a private message here in this forum.

0 Likes

I  have not received any new messages - public or private since last week.  No resolution or fix.  Still no cell coverage in our home or neighborhood.  Once out and about it works fine.  We get texts and emails in our home NO phone calls. If they do go through - they are either immediately dropped, garbled nonsensical OR a huge time lag between sentences. Unacceptable. 

We have since added a second LANDLINE with ATT to manage this issue.

Come on Verizon..you can do better than this.  You've checked our signals twice, say its low and that we need extenders.  We've had two extenders for six years and phones worked fine until April 2020.  So what changed????

0 Likes

I  have not received any private message this week nor email. If in this forum - how do I  locate it?

0 Likes

Customer Support

We definitely want to make sure that we can get this figured out, cmmerriman. So you can check the Private Note we have sent, please make sure to login to your Verizon Community account and then select your avatar and check for the mail icon above My Profile, My Settings, etc. Here's a guide: http://spr.ly/6601GoLcz

-Ryan

0 Likes

Wondering if this was ever figured out.  I have had the exact same experience.  I don’t know what to do!!  I do not receive calls and unless they leave a voice mail I have no way of knowing I even had the call. Same timing as you.....same canned garbage messages...I too have had to resort to my land line. 

0 Likes

Seems to be a problem with many myself included weeks wasted repeating myself hung up on same scripts excuses ticket made last week had ticket number claimed someone would contact me never happened yesterday get update text claiming was resolved i.e looked at and found no problems with A link for the acceptable coverage repeat scripts got prior seems just automatically generated text to me so they can claim they looked into it when I doubt they did anything I'm one mile from the newest tower get told to get a extender fill in obvious questions And must be my sim got new sim last month must just be my phone and tree building scripts

Customer Support

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing service issues with calls, Wakemelatur. We address every customer's issue individually to ensure that we work on the correct issue. You mention that you have the exact same issue. Does the original post indicate a specific place in NC, are you in the same place? If not, please share your ZIP code and the nearest intersection to your specific trouble location.

The original post also mentions having 2 Network Extenders (https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/), do you also have 2 network extenders?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes

I do not have network extenders.  My zip code is 17050.  I have already spoken to so many Verizon people and have also received the “canned video” after initiating a ticket.  My cell phone is completely useless.  I have contacted apple.  After troubleshooting EVERYTHING they sent me a new phone. After new phone... same issues, Verizon sent me a new SIM card.  After installing through Verizon tech support I still have the same problem. Calls dropping constantly and calls not being received. Also mms messages won’t go. I am absolutely desperate for someone to please tell me what is the problem!!!

0 Likes