Highlighted

Drastically decreased signal 5 to 2

The signal at my condo had been excellent for the first two years I've lived here.  Then, about 4-6 weeks ago I noticed the signal is consistently 2 bars whereas it used to be 5 always.  Extremely frustrating and now I'm finding that I have to use home wifi when I never had to before.   Anybody else have a similar situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Drastically decreased signal 5 to 2

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know its upsetting to have great service and now to have issues with service UCLAdad. Lets investigate the issues and get it resolved. Where are you located and what phone do you have? Are issues with voice or data?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

I am having data issues. I live in 95125 zip code. The signal quality has always been exceptional for the last 2 1/2 years I've lived in my condo. Only in the last 4 to 6 weeks I've noticed a drastic decrease in signal strength. It's now typically two or three down from what always used to be 5. Even when I'm driving around the San Jose area I'm surprised that I almost never have a five signal quality anymore.

The issue I'm having is with data. Earlier today it took me over three minutes to message a picture. Normally that would've gone in just a few seconds. I'm also having problems with websites timing out due to connectivity.

With the assistance of customer service from 611 i've already did a soft reset and reset carrier settings without resolution. Quite frustrating.

I wondering if it has anything to do with the Apple iOS upgrade to recently. There were two or three updates in the same time that I started to notice issues. I'm using the iPhone 6.

Have courage in what you do and watch what God will do for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

UCLAdad

I would be concerned too if I started to have data issues. Do you have any other VZW devices that are having the same problem? Are you only having difficulty with the data when you are in your condo? Does service improve when you step outside?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes